remembering ur love ones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annscrib

Reaction score
hiya guys and gals

i want to start off saying, this thread could be for anyone that has lost a love one and want to remember them....:cry:

my dad died oct.4 2006
since ive got up all ive done is sit here thinking about him and listening to the cd we played at his wake,,i have cried a few tears for but really tring to stay strong and think about the good times we all had,,,,there was this one time when we had moved from NC to mytle beach SC i was 7 years old ill never forget this when we 1st got (which was in the summer) there he had taken all of us kids to the beach which was our 1st time seeing all that water,,,he had got mommy to get our swimming siuts out of the car we put them on he toke us to the water and i can remember we played and played so much he even made a sand castle with us too he let all of us cover him with sand to all you could see was his face,,,,,, then years later he moved us to ohio it was around the fall,, on our way up we had went thru the mountains the trees was so cool looking with all the color,,with living on the beach there wasnt many trees that turn like the ones in the mountains he had stopped at one of places on the side of the mountain we all had got out looking down over all them trees and the colors was so pretty,, while we was looking we hear him telling us to turn around and there was a big deer standing in the road he had the cars stopped lol it was so funny,,,, ok ive done for as we all know i could go on and on,,

i do feel better that was able to do this and yes i really high so thanks for listening me ogo on about my dad

Hi ann-

I lost my dad last Nov. The last time I saw him lucid, awake and up on his feet was Halloween night 07. So needless to say, I've been down in the dumps too, this marking the 1st anniversary of his death. He was my everything. :( My mom is still alive, but she's never been around much in my life. My dad always would set pumpkins in my yard for the kids, and he'd drive off. But year after year I always knew he was the one doing it. ;)

My local mom friends knew how I have been missing him. They all got together and gave me the biggest surprise yesterday in tribute to my dad. While I was overjoyed, I was also reminded about how he is gone. But I know my dad is smiling down from heaven right now knowing I am in good hands with my girlfriends. :)

I woke to about 50 pumpkins scattered around my yard. Big, little, painted or plain....even a Minnie Mouse pumpkin. It was amazing. I wish I could share the pictures here but for privacys sake I can't. A fresh loaf of pumpkin bread, a plastic pumpkin filled with chocolates! Someone even stuck some artificial black roses in my flowerbed. :p (My av is just a small sampling of a few)

Sorry for this long *** post ann, just know you're not alone in missing a lost loved one. I am right there with ya. I would do anything to have this be Oct of last year. I didn't realize that was my last Halloween ever with my dad. :( Looking back now, I should have seen the signs.

XXOO ann. ***hugs***

Edited to add that I have attached a pic. This was when I 1st opened the door and saw what was on the doorstep. Didn't even notice all the ones in the yard til a few minutes later. You can see the black roses and the bag full of the bread and the candy. I felt such an outpouring of love yesterday. This is the nicest thing anyone has EVER done for me. :D I know my daddy is happy too. ;)

Sometimes the biggest bears are the softest bears.

People live on in memories, they never truly die :)

E91~Bear-Hug-Posters.jpg

awww smokin that was awesome for all them moms to set up ur yard like that,,, that was the sweetest thing to for someone,,,

the one thing i can be thankful was i we all knew he was dieing for about 1 1/2,,,he had lung cancer,,,,so it gave me time with him to gre for him and trust me i did too,,, me and hubby would be going somewhere and if one of 5 songs that we had pick to play at his wake would come on and i just would break down,,,, hubby be like hunny hes not gone yet,,,, i would tell him i know but just thought that end was close coming would just get me all upset,,,so there at the end when i got that call at 6:00am telling he was gone it was more a relief that now he was no longer hurting and in pain,,, he had live with me up to to the last 3 months then he went iinto VA clinic

i want to share the poem that was giving to me after the wake,,,smokin this poem is for you too hun

Memories Of Dad
How well i do remember standing at my father's knee and all the fun and happy times as he was raising me

How well i do remember the love he always shared and all the things he said and did that showed he really cared

How well i do remember the day god called him home dad slipped into his loving arms and i felt so alone

Now my heart will carry memories of the love he gave to me untill we meet again in heaven where the best is yet to be

My deepest, most heartfelt sympathy for all who have lost a loved one.
I thought you might like to share this short poem that was given me when my nan died 2 years ago.

Grieve not....
Nor speak of me with tears
But laugh and talk as though I were beside you
I loved you so -
T'was Heaven here with you

hey guys and gals
for those who read the good morning thread some what knows with what has happen for the last month 1/2. well i want to talk about it now
i guess i can start with my best friend she was 54 and died june 22 with colon cancer. she wasnt just my best friend she was like a mom to me and i miss her she much.
ok now the bomb shell one month one day later my step daugther(23) and her friend (22) was on their way home that morning at 5:45am they had been out partying and neither one of them sure had been driving. (step daugther) had my truck they was only pose to check on a job promoing at a bar about 1 1/2 hour away . well i guess the manger talked them into go pratying. (friend) had call her mom at 4:30 some what telling her they was on they way then but she couldnt understand her so told her to put step daugther on and she couldnt make her out either she then try to talk the girls to stop and she come get them but they didnt listen to her . well they was about 45 mins from here and she lost control she try to over corret it but over correted it causing the truck to flip. throwing both girls from the truck (yes they didnt have thier selts belts on) step daugther was thrown to the payment killing her on the spot,,, friend was thrown on the the grassy aera,, in all the truck flipped 6 times before resting on it hood,,, friend was still alive then and was taken to the hosp. she had mass head injuries the docs had to put her skull in her stomach to reduce the swelling of her brain,, well she look like she was doing good then her lung failed,, they work on her again got some what better then she had a stoke and there was no bringing her back then,, yesterday and today was her wake tomorrow will be the funeral...i just needed to get that off my chest and for those who listen to me thank you very much

You have my deepest condolences Ann

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time of sorrow.

Latest posts

Back