reputation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrniceguy

"loose lips sink ships"
Reaction score
why is it that i am still an "unknown quantity", there are people on here that have not been on here as long as i have, who have not posted as many times as i have, they have not been thanked as many times as i have and they have more rep. points and are labled as a "glorious beacon of light". how does this work?? i really like the site and i dont feel "unknown". sorry if i sound like a 12 year old school boy, i am just curious...:)

HippyInEngland said:
Who are you?

Patience, it will come, its like growing a plant, you cant rush it.
The more thanks your given, the more bars you get.
You have to remember something, you need to give as well as take on here ;)

if that is how it works than like i said, why is there people that have not been thanked as many times as i have and have not been a member as long as i have and have more rep? again i am just curious...

i think its a numbers thing, its based on how many times you've posted ,thanked and been thanked in how many posts. the higher you post count and thanks the better your rep. i could be wrong.

mrniceguy said:
if that is how it works than like i said, why is there people that have not been thanked as many times as i have and have not been a member as long as i have and have more rep? again i am just curious...

There is thanks, and there is rep, thanks is clicking the thanks, rep is clicking the scales.

I believe you are all correct. It's all a kinda' silly IMO,... "numbers"' game.
I think the higher 'your' rep, the more rep point are awarded, when you "give" rep.
I 'think' that clicking the scale and giving 'direct rep' as HIE called it, gives more points, too.

It really only indicates that you have posted a lot and probably have made several friends on the forum. More of a "popularity" indicator in most cases.

The scale will give you 2 and the thanks gives you one every time its clicked but the thing is you can only give out the scale (2 pointer) once every few days if you haven't been on a thanks (1 pointer) too much. Ive always just thought it polite to thank someone for even posting in the thread i start or when it is truly helpful ;)

Dubbaman said:
The scale will give you 2 and the thanks gives you one every time its clicked but the thing is you can only give out the scale (2 pointer) once every few days if you haven't been on a thanks (1 pointer) too much. Ive always just thought it polite to thank someone for even posting in the thread i start or when it is truly helpful ;)

thank you dubbaman;)

Latest posts

Back