Risky Roommate- So I'm pulling the plug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same exact thing happened to me. My roommate got caught at a football game with bud, a flask of illegal alcohol, and a piece so I moved the plants to another location... in garbage bags... lol I couldn't kill them and the guy wanted them so... i helped him learn how to grow... lol But I'm actually trying to put a house together next year with people who are into the same things I am so I'm set to go! You should try the same thing... It's going to be an experience :)

Disco94 said:
Can't believe I am the only one with this idea. Put them outside. If you were just switching them to flower you can put them outside and at least hope for the best. No reason to kill em, unless you are in a city or whatnot and can't do an outside flowering. I moved from an inside veg to an outside flower last year.

Yeah, but your judgement cant really be trusted. You married Kevin Federline...

Dr. Manny Bowles said:
Yeah, but your judgement cant really be trusted. You married Kevin Federline...
hahaha yeah I needed that laugh too :) Tonight was ridiculous, speaking of pulling the plug in the nick of time...

A quick update for anybody reading this thread still. This afternoon I pulled the plug, cut my babies (with much sorrow) out. Sure enough, tonight there was a HUGE party. Out of control, people there who didn't even know who they knew linking them to the house. Nothing special for the college party scene, but sure enough my roommate had his door wide open, people in and out, the whole damn time.

I'm chilling with the girlfriend and her two friends upstairs in my room. Meanwhile, there's apparently people pissing outside and being loud *** drunks. Mind you our neighborhood is a middle class residential one on the main road... not the kind of place that takes kindly to people pissing in the yard and having drunken rants about who knows what all over. THE COPS PULL UP on a neighbor complaint. Luckily for EVERYBODY one of my other roommates, who is also a ******* but an of age *******, managed to ward them off.

I find out about this when I left my room, I go downstairs and yell at all these strangers in my basement that if they pissed outside they would be banned from this mf'ing house forever. It was pretty rewarding actually, quite Denzel Washington :)

And sure enough, I went outside to keep people off the porches and NOBODY even stepped foot out there. But still, not being of drinking age it sucks having to babysit because then I can't have a couple beers or my *** will get slapped with a $300 fine that would be much better put towards that dream growbox :)

Well there you have it.

So anyways, thanks again for everyone's confirmations of my decision and own personal advice. I just thought the way tonight turned out it was definitely a good idea to post an update on what a good, but heart-wrenching, decision I made. By the way I'll be posting some pictures in the next couple weeks in here for some advice and to show off my babies. It was so sad seeing them droopy with the life cut out of them.... so young :(

badfish2 said:
hahaha yeah I needed that laugh too :) Tonight was ridiculous, speaking of pulling the plug in the nick of time...

A quick update for anybody reading this thread still. This afternoon I pulled the plug, cut my babies (with much sorrow) out. Sure enough, tonight there was a HUGE party. Out of control, people there who didn't even know who they knew linking them to the house. Nothing special for the college party scene, but sure enough my roommate had his door wide open, people in and out, the whole damn time.

I'm chilling with the girlfriend and her two friends upstairs in my room. Meanwhile, there's apparently people pissing outside and being loud *** drunks. Mind you our neighborhood is a middle class residential one on the main road... not the kind of place that takes kindly to people pissing in the yard and having drunken rants about who knows what all over. THE COPS PULL UP on a neighbor complaint. Luckily for EVERYBODY one of my other roommates, who is also a ******* but an of age *******, managed to ward them off.

I find out about this when I left my room, I go downstairs and yell at all these strangers in my basement that if they pissed outside they would be banned from this mf'ing house forever. It was pretty rewarding actually, quite Denzel Washington :)

And sure enough, I went outside to keep people off the porches and NOBODY even stepped foot out there. But still, not being of drinking age it sucks having to babysit because then I can't have a couple beers or my *** will get slapped with a $300 fine that would be much better put towards that dream growbox :)

Well there you have it.

So anyways, thanks again for everyone's confirmations of my decision and own personal advice. I just thought the way tonight turned out it was definitely a good idea to post an update on what a good, but heart-wrenching, decision I made. By the way I'll be posting some pictures in the next couple weeks in here for some advice and to show off my babies. It was so sad seeing them droopy with the life cut out of them.... so young :(

underage drinkers hangs there? ha... :hubba: honestly I can't wait to bust my boys hidding and drinking, but here it goes, you go ahead grab one of the beer out of the underage.. you point at their face say you are minors.. so officially I can call leos and let them handles this.. so therefore... the premise I lives, the rules yall gonna fetch me some beers to start with..

if yall cant live the basic of rules, find somewhere to hang out...

by the time if some of kids laying around passed out... you go ahead take their cell phone, find the parents numbers in the address book/speed dial.. call them up straight up.... talk to their parent straight up... tell them is that kind of parenting you put up with that kid on my premise? ya let them doing this.. oh no... oh well they are right here passed out and trying to get laid.. ya better meet me at the end of the road I ll fetch him to ya...next time be sure that kid isn't welcome here, I didnt invite him at all!!

that will get their parents jump out of the bed and get the kids, I have done it... whooo..

SMART move badfish...;) get yourself in the clear,.. 'cause it sounds like your roomy is going to be residing at the "greybar" hotel before long ;)

andy52 said:
i agree,but i bet there is very few here that they are the only one that knows about their grow.everyone is either married,getting married or queer.
:rofl: :rofl:

badfish2 said:
LOL

By the way I'm waiting for Sunday 'morning' (before lights turn on) to cut them. I don't want them to smell the highest when they might throw another stupid big party. Anybody have any good ideas for using the fan leafs? I want to dry them and put some in a tea bag :) Making lemons out of lemonade here :p

You can brew them in tea or smoke them, but vegging plants won't really get you high.

been sorta following along here.
one, with only 1 day of flower it hasn't even noticed the photoperiod change yet. It's compost in my opinion. Not even worth the trouble. I would tear down the grow. AND I would be moving ASAP. If he gets busted you get busted. All he has to say is you knew about it and that puts you in with a conspiracy and cultivation charge. YOUR friend is risking your tail by growing even if you aren't. I will def. say more than 40 peeps know now. i would figure the cube method would apply here. 40 people tell 3 people each now thats 120 people that know and so forth. that much talking LEO wil get a whiff and start keeping an eye out.
Then he throws a big party and walla who shows up at door with probable cuase.
Would cut n run buddy cut n run. leave your guy to hold the lease its his fault your in the mess.

Yeah... growing keeps me out of trouble. If I wasn't growing, I would probably be causing to much trouble for my own good lol.

Man your roommate sounds like he has some SERIOUS issues or a deathwish, or an anal rape wish in prison! :confused:

badfish2 said:
But still, not being of drinking age it sucks having to babysit because then I can't have a couple beers or my *** will get slapped with a $300 fine that would be much better put towards that dream growbox :)

Hope they don't send ya to Pound You In The *** prison!

andy52 said:
i agree,but i bet there is very few here that they are the only one that knows about their grow.everyone is either married,getting married or queer.

That is true. However my wife never steps foot in my room, she knows but we do not discuss it. I highly doubt she would ever tell anyone, it would ruin the image with the neighbors if ole smokey came a knocking.

Get some weed killer and kill his plants.That might discourage him from trying again for awhile.It's not worth getting busted over a few crappy plants that will never even produce serious bud.
Man it amazes me some of these people who think growing weed is a game.At least you got a good head on your shoulders but I would just chill until you can get you're own place.A multi roommate house is one of the worst place in the world to.People just can't keep their mouths shut.It likely just isn't going to work so don't take the chance.

Hope they don't send ya to Pound You In The *** prison!

that would be a "Federal" Pound You In The *** Prision!!! LOL

and you dont get conjugal visits either......

.......I am assuming that you have never been to jail......it's no fun brother....I did a night in Orange County in CA back in the 70's.....all I did was sleep on the beach, walk to the house the next AM, saw a bunch of sheriff's, and when one asked me, 'You live here?'.....and I said 'No, but I'm staying here for a couple of days'......and the sheriff said 'Well come on in and join the party'.....

......so, get smart, use those brains that got you into college in the first place and listen to what everyone is telling you....da....move NOW DUDE.....

papabeach1 said:
you go ahead take their cell phone

calmly call the speaking clock in Australia then calmly put it back in their pocket ;)

painterdude said:
.......I am assuming that you have never been to jail......it's no fun brother....I did a night in Orange County in CA back in the 70's.....all I did was sleep on the beach, walk to the house the next AM, saw a bunch of sheriff's, and when one asked me, 'You live here?'.....and I said 'No, but I'm staying here for a couple of days'......and the sheriff said 'Well come on in and join the party'.....

......so, get smart, use those brains that got you into college in the first place and listen to what everyone is telling you....da....move NOW DUDE.....

Geez that's crazy dude. Was somebody growing there then?

I'm all cleaned out now, so I don't feel too worried anymore. I'm going to have a long serious talk with the reckless roommate when he's back around the house by himself today. I'm filling him in on my choice, showing him NORML's state by state penalties for cultivation, explaining how many people very likely know, and telling him I have nothing to do with anything, I have no idea from now on what he does and it is none of my business and I don't want to know. I will tell him I assume his plants are gone because he saw the light and decided he was acting too risky.

Now I feel that if I'm clean, I would be in the clear because the rooms are rented separately, locked doors etc and I do not know what he does nor is it my business. And furthermore, it would be a he said she said battle, with no concrete evidence to support the acusation.

Nonetheless, I have learned so much from this entire experience. Not only growing issues but mainly how dumb some people are. I literally just don't get it, it's one thing to have no future goals but it's another thing to just have absolutely no thoughts about the future whatsoever! Oh well, I'm clear and clean and that's how it's gonna stay. I don't know what he does but as of now I have no idea and it's not my business anymore.

Thanks guys, I really am surprised so many of you chimed in with advice, support or chiding but I really do appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back