rockwool question! help me plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokeWithHope

24/7 toker
Reaction score
ok so i have germinated my seeds, and i have 1.5 inch rockwool cubes, i also have the rockwool tray and such. but am i suppose to soak or water the cubes before i put in the seeds or what do i do? i also have some superthrive, but am clueless of what to do? thank you all

take some GOOD water and ph adjust it to arond 5.9, dip the cubes in the water and then squeeze out the excess. Do not add any nutes to the water, you will not need nutes for roughly the first two weeks. Carefully put your seeds into the holes, gently push the rockwool back together so light isn't going down and hitting the root tip, place under your humidity dome and keep in mid 70's.....enjoy :)

ok so i can just use the purified water and not worry about its ph? or do i still need to adjust it?

hi there toke with hope Improper plant nutrition can often times be the cause of many plant problems. One of the most common ways this occurs is through improper acidity of the nutrient solution, soil, or water. Most tap water is TOO HARD, meaning it has a pH of over 7.0, and usually up to the 8.0 range.

Purified water and drinking water you buy at the store has a pH of 7.0 (pH neutral) and <20ppm. Even this is a little too high for plants, which need water to be a little softer (more acidic) to thrive. pH around 5.5 for hydro and 6.5 for soil... is key to the success and survival of your plants While using harder water will work out, it won't work out as well, and could cause serious problems. Same goes for water that is too soft, although that is less rarely the case. good luck and take care !

I soak my rockwool cubes in plain 5.5 ph adjusted water overnight before using them.

hmm well i ended up pouring the water all over the cubes a couple of times and then placed the seeds, then closed the hole, so we will see how it goes

Im ganna be honest. I typically soak with ph'd water overnight, BUT, i have when in a rush just wet them under the sink and planted with no problems whatsoever. My tap water has a ph of 6.3-6.5 & 34-65ppms

hmm well i used purified water, idk what my tap waters ph is yet, i just bought some calibration liquid stuff. so i will calibrate my ph meter tonight and test it.

should i just test the water right away or let it sit out over night before i test?

so how long should i wait until i put the rockwool into the soil?
and how often should i water the rockwool? it seems to dry really fast

You need a humidity dome, it keeps the rockwool wet. Once you see roots, there ready to plant(about 2 to 3 weeks). NO nutes at all till you move them than start low around 200ppm.

If your seeds germianted out of the rockwool a few days ago the main tap rot should already be growing out the bottom. The rule of thumb with seeds or clones is that you plant them as soon as the roots show at the bottom. This way there is no way the roots can get light and they can continue to grow.

ok well i just put a humidity dome on! and i didnt germinate them in the cubes, i germinated them then put them in the cube!

I went 12/12 germing seeds in rockwool. Didn't test anything about my tap water at the time. Soaked in water, gave a squeeze n shake and plopped in seeds. Fyi put light on them as soon as they pop, otherwise they will get all lanky and weak.

Latest posts

Back