Root Bound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Hooker

Reaction score
A friend gave me 3 plants today there in small pots and seem to be root bound . He tells me when {tomorrow outdoors} I transplant them to just break the root ball up some I never ever fool with the roots of a plant {never had 2} is he giving me good advice? What should I do ?

just find pots that are twice the size of what the plant
has already. when the plants soil is dry, i water it thoroughly
flip it upside down pull the pot off and put it in the bigger pot.
then fill with soil, i dont ever touch the roots. theyre like delicate
hairs that when ripped out (and its easy to rip em out) it causes stress.

thedonofchronic said:
just find pots that are twice the size of what the plant
has already. when the plants soil is dry, i water it thoroughly
flip it upside down pull the pot off and put it in the bigger pot.
then fill with soil, i dont ever touch the roots. theyre like delicate
hairs that when ripped out (and its easy to rip em out) it causes stress.
I have to say that i don't agree 100% with this option 1st get a 3 gallon (to aid in stealth untill sex is showing )pot ..mix in some perlite with an organic potting soil (no slow realese ferts ) and fill the pot to the the brim let your plant dry out in the small pot then tip it upside down gently holding the stalk then free up the roots with a clean hand (glove rubber ) trim some of the side roots (not the main tap root ) this will aid your plant to become bushier in time ! then gently place the plant in the hole you have created in the pot so the roots are hanging in the hole and gently cover and fill in the hole ..Then water it in so it can have a drink and recover nicely (even better to do this in the early morning so it gets a full day of sun to aid it in an even faster recovery !! Peace ..take care !...oh and add your nutes when applicable !!

Latest posts

Back