Rooting a clone in water pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ekoostik_Hookah said:
would a cutting sprout a root...if it was still in the flowering room?
as in its still on the 12/12 cycle.........then you switch it to vegg once its in soil??

that possible?

Hey EH - If you are trying to find out if your cutting is a female, and she turns out to be one, she'll also start rooting. Remember she is 'splitting' energy into flowering and trying to stay alive with no roots. If you put her back in veg after she roots, she might give you an unpleasant surprise. The different light cycles will stress her, and if she is not a true XX female, she may toss a few male flowers your way.

Good luck. She'll live, and eventually reveg, and give you a good female to flower.

Thanks for this thread man very interesting. I was lookin up natural rooting hormone and the willow tree produces Auxin (sp?) but no willow trees around so..this is cool

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
would a cutting sprout a root...if it was still in the flowering room?
as in its still on the 12/12 cycle.........then you switch it to vegg once its in soil??

that possible?

Yes it is possable...I sometimes Take a cipping and stick in flower room to show sex..then when roots show and its female I place under 24 hour light and grow it out..Just takes a bit longer..hope this helps..Take care and b safe

great thread.... but im not so sure about only taking one or two clones,
i have taken 6-10 off one plant many many times and havent had an issue yet
if done properly its only a prunning, and usually encourages healthy new growth........JMO

How long does it usually take to switch back to veg. I have 5 clones that were all taken in flower, all have rooted and are growing roots at a good rate, but no veg yet

could i take a 13 day old clone out of soil and transfer it into volume of water without any trouble? im pretty sure it still has no roots and it was already dipped in rooting hormone...? what light source did you use one the one in the photos?

Latest posts

Back