Roots smell musty/earthy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey Mcpotster

my bone marrow is resin
Reaction score
Here is a pic of what I believe is mandala satori. day 27 of flower, in dwc. The res started to smell a bit musty on tuesday. I started hygrozyme on wed. at 10ml per gallon. The smell is less. Originally I thought it was rot. After doing some reading it seems it may be mold, or something other than pythium. I am using gh nutes, micro and bloom, lucas formula. Also using cal mag at 10 ml per gal. Res temps are at or below 65* rh is 30% or less. I did find some pieces of leaf in the roots. I've gone over the plants, nothing more there.

I have read that H202 can be used with hygrozyme. I read to use 1/2 cup per gallon of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Is that correct? Seems like a lot. I was sure I read something on here about someone who soaked/rinsed the roots in a H202 solution to help get rid of the smell issue. Can anyone confirm the 1/2 cup per gal. OR know something I can do along with the hygorzyme.
Satori is supposed to go 70 days. I'd hate to lose her. I have two other Speed queen on week 4 in seperate 5 gal dwc.

DSC00825.JPG

Latest posts

Back