rose does LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good rb---especially like the nurse larry shrub---keep up the good work :icon_smile::headbang2::48:

Everything is looking good in Rosebud land. I have a question about your fabric pots, I see you have trays under your pots, do you leave them there or do you remove after watering, I have my pots on an expanded steel so they get air from below? I ordered 4, 1 gallon Geo pots for $2.99 each to try out, 2 gal are $3.50, 3 gal is $ 4 and 5 gal is $5. Are the prices good?

I put trays under my Smart Pots as well. It helps you get them a little more liquid. They tend to run and then soak up the liquid after a bit. Those prices don't sound bad but I have never seen Geo Pots. If they are like Smart Pots they are bit cheaper in price than the SP's.

Looking good Rose. Summer has reared it's ugly head here where I am at, 96f today. The LED panel is the only thing keeping me going. If I was running an HPS bulb I would be packing it in by now. Love that shade of green on your indoor ladies.

Thank you Hamster , the reveiws were good so I went for it because of the price.

Looking good Rose. Summer has reared it's ugly head here where I am at, 96f today. The LED panel is the only thing keeping me going. If I was running an HPS bulb I would be packing it in by now. Love that shade of green on your indoor ladies.

Hammy I know what you mean same thing happened here. I do have an AC in the shed now, but It would have been running constantly with the hps and the temps you and i are having now. I think i would have given up. I bet you have to pay a lot more for energy use on the east coast then us... Still cheaper then trying find a good ounce to buy. Let alone a pound or two. I was just bragging to mr rb about your one gallon grows, he was amazed and asked how you do it... I said it is only Hammy that can pull that off. Your famous man.

looking good rb---especially like the nurse larry shrub---keep up the good work :icon_smile::headbang2::48:

Thanks OS, and thanks for "making" me do the right thing when i am too tired and want to blow it off. That Nurse larry is a happy girl... I am hoping for a pound.

wondering what the heat is like from the LG-G14A140LED-5w

I have a SolarStorm800 in a 4x4 tent. It worked fine during the winter, however, now temps are reaching mid 90's in the tent. I've tried everything I read on forums to lower the temp but no go. Reached out to the company and they didn't have any suggestions.

So just wondering how hot these lights get on the exit vents..

thanks!

wondering what the heat is like from the LG-G14A140LED-5w

I have a SolarStorm800 in a 4x4 tent. It worked fine during the winter, however, now temps are reaching mid 90's in the tent. I've tried everything I read on forums to lower the temp but no go. Reached out to the company and they didn't have any suggestions.

So just wondering how hot these lights get on the exit vents..

thanks!

Is the room air conditioned?????

Good morning Jaam and Bob..

It is hotter then heck and supposed to be 113 next week. My led's raise the temperature of the shed by 4 degrees. My old HPS raised it by 14. I have an air conditioner in there but could only keep it at 93 or something yesterday with an outside temp of 105. The airconditioner is a good and bad thing, it adds heat to the room. I wouldn't even consider growing in the shed in the summer without LED's. I am very concerned about the high temps even with LED. This is what i get for choosing to live in a desert. The good news is it is usually only in the triple digits for a couple of weeks a summer.

I will be flipping today FINALLY, but as it is my husbands shed and he needs to use it so i will be running the lights during the day. Running the lights at night make much more sense but not practical.

Bob, i bet it is really hard to do in a tent. THG has some good ideas about air exchange and putting holes in the floor to draw cooler air and stuff. We need to start a thread about summer heat and ask what others do too.

PJ, could you come over to my house please, i am getting the last two plants ready to flip and i just wish you were standing there pointing. I will take a pic after I have removed half the plant...THAT was a joke.~

Bob, best wishes man, this heat is a stress to us and out plants.

Rosebud is a little out of her comfort zone here. They are all staked and will fip to flower in a minute when mr rb is finished. He put some big styrofoam insulation on the old farm doors of the shed. That will help some, I hope.

This is a new learning experience. Pruning for bud which PJ, i know you won't agree with me, but in my growing life this is extreme thinning. Seriously like half the plant. I will see at harvest if what i have done is a good thing or not. I am so glad i have had your help PJ and the you tube dude too. It felt like taking a rose to the ground knowing it is the only thing that will save it.

It will be in the triple digits for the next few weeks.

Here is some kinda lousy pictures before the FLIP!!! And the final pic is a very happy nurse larry, she sneers at this heat. I love her.

View attachment DSCF3097.jpg

View attachment DSCF3096.jpg

View attachment DSCF3101.jpg

View attachment DSCF3102.jpg

View attachment DSCF3099.jpg

View attachment DSCF3104.jpg

Rosebud, I am watching closely, everything looks good to me.:fly:

Thank MR1, i think i am a little crowded in there too. I have another light coming in a few weeks. A flowering only LED. Also there is a very small light leak where the old doors don't meet. Thinking a roll down towel or something... The styrofoam on the doors is a huge help already.

The things we do.... Thanks for hanging around you peeps.

Rosebud a towel would probably work as long as it is thick enough. Another light, that is nice. Did you change light models, I did not think the reflectors came flower only?

I did change models, nothing wrong with my other one, this chance just came up. I will tell you more when i know more. You and I are in this LED thing together MR1...Your last grow was great.

Rosebud , that is great you you found another light no matter who makes it. Thank you for your kind words.

I predict this will be one of the best grows you have ever done.

No pressure, I just feel it.

Looking perfect so far, I just hope the heat will back off for you a little.
:vap-leafy_wave:

Latest posts

Back