Rosebud does 2016!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getting the heebee jeebees just looking, reading on bugs. rose, are those outdoor bugs?? i have grown near thick natural vegatative growth and also near my house, out and away from other plants, weeds and growth. the amount of bugs in my plants is hugely moreso near existing growth..if i had the option to grow away from others and out in the open, i would do open everytime..

Next year, and you remind me, I am just growing 4 huge ones with lots of room between.

I have never had bugs outdoors, this is the first... thrip cemetery that it is.. Thanks for coming by grass hopper.

Next year, and you remind me, I am just growing 4 huge ones with lots of room between.

I have never had bugs outdoors, this is the first... thrip cemetery that it is.. Thanks for coming by grass hopper.

Ive had a lota bug issues at edge of property. thick green weedy and LOADED WITH BUGS. the 2 years i grew out in open, near house, full sunlight. no bugs. just more visible. i dont space far enough also.i have used doctor dooms spider mite knock out. for tomatoes and veggies. per htgs recommendation outdoors with pretty good luck. said can spray during budding if necessary. usually go thru 2 or 3 cans a season.

How is the Nightshade Rose, is it pretty hardy and bug resistant or did it get the worst of the thrips?

Kraven, they are pretty much all alike. I sprayed last night again. and found some moving ones today. I took a hard spray of water, a jet spray in one hand and held the tiny brown buds in the other and sprayed the hell out of them. Next warm and windy day i will do that again. The only ones that are less damaged are the ones with cbd in them, like Nordle and Harley. But they are infected too. Thanks for asking Kraven.

Dr, thanks for the killing mojo...lol I am trying my best. I am trying not to think my yield is over, but we will see. Stupid mistake on my part... Thanks for thinking good thoughts for us.

Grasshopper.. I hope this doesn't get ahead of me ever again.. yikes. I will take some pictures tomorrow, Ya'll gotta see the good the bad and the ugly.

Hey there Rose, it sucks that you had problems, I would say from this that spinosad did not do the job.

Brown little buds??? They're actually dead and drying/dying off? Sorry for all the troubles Rose! *hugs*

Zem, I really did have millions of thrip. The spinoside is great at killing the ones it hits but thrip hide in the throat of the buds and it is very hard to get spray in there. I think the spraying of spinoside got rid of 98% of the adults...then there are babies.. And the eggs that lay inside the leaf tissue and are immune from spray.

Ston, how is your back? I will go take pics and show you the brown buds.. Thank you for the hugs, i need it.

I am feeling a bit more optimistic today.. I sprayed a VERY HARD spray of water with one hand while holding the tiny buds in the other hand and I got rid of all the dead ones and some walkers. I did EACH BUD on each plant with the hard water spray. It is 89 degrees F and 28 % humidity so I am not worried about mold Yet.

I will continue this if I need to. PM is a worry though. I just wonder how much they can stack buds with one month to go. Please keep your fingers crossed.. Thank you for caring.. I think i might have a chance.

Hey there Rose :) I have seen a friend try spinosad as extensively and more than you, on all his garden, trees and all, day in and day out, and it did not work for him. For me, whenever I shower plants with something only to come the next day and see the pests laughing, that is enough as trial for me. I still have that expensive useless spinosad bottle standing there, and I don't ever use it.

zem, it really did kill most of them. The eggs are in the leaf tissue and aren't touched by the spray.. Bugs have to walk thru or be hit with spinoside to die. So to spray each and every fold is hard. I sprayed for 3 hours. I am sticking by my recommendation. However, I believe in an eco system that will keep the numbers down. something went nuts in mine this year... Spray alone is horrible for that system. Spray will never be the only answer to bugs.. But it is organic, didn't hurt my foliage and knocked them back.. the most i can hope for without strong chemicals on my folks medicine. You got a better idea my good friend? Thanks for being here zem.

I have used 4 orders of them, both nematodes and mites.... I am getting more hopeful, i saw one white bud instead of brown out there. Thanks Gooch... i appreciate the help.

Oh my. Dang dang dang. Makes me want to swear. So bummed for you.

Four big monster plants is a grand idea. You cold train them along the ground to keep them shorter. Hugs

A puppy makes everything better...

he looks mischievous though. i'd keep my eye on that one...

Latest posts

Back