Rotary Tiller for my tractor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasMonster

Reaction score
I scored a 42 inch Maschio Roatary Tiller last night. I was doing some tractor work for a customer and saw she had it and other implements out to the side. I asked her about it and she told me to haul it off. I brought it home, cleaned all the dirt out of it, changed the fluids, greased the fittings, and went out back and tilled up a good portion of my back pasture this morning. I've been gardening for a while now but now I dont have to use that darn walk behind tiller. I will for sure have a lot bigger vegetable garden next year. I can now till enough land that I can leave my rows far apart enough for me to till between the rows for weed control too.

I am happy about that. Plus I imagine that once my customers see that tiller next spring they will be wanting that service too. Most of them garden but so far I have turned down tilling other peoples gardens. I hate the walk behind tillers.

awesome what a blessing! and u deserve to have it because u know how to use it and care for it..just goes to show one mans junk is anothers treasure..

Thank You. Its still hooked up to my tractor. It started raining or i was gonna ride that tractor for another hour and till up that whole pasture. I want to turn that pasture over at least once a month until spring. I am going to amend it with more dirt and some good ole horse manure. I need to go get me one of those pull behind manure spreaders.

Well, with the grass I been watching him grow he is welcome to come get it and drop off a little of that "dank"

Yall crack me up with that "dank" word. What the heck is that?

dank=bomb weed...

a lot of these words come from europe I think lol...

Nice find.
I scored a bushhog basically the same way.
Womans husband had passed, and someone bought the tractor. Had the bushhog just sitting out there. So I asked about it and she said to take it. I still gave her 50 bucks cause its real nice and in like new condition.

Wish I had a tiller for the tractor though. I got one for the lawnmower. But if its even moist out. I keep stuck lol.

If this works right, there should be some photos of the tiller. Here goes

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

Nice tiller you have there TM. Tractor/mower too.
Your going to get tons done with that.

man toy time....I want one. tex I am jealous I want to know how to do all the practical stuff you do...I have all these home improvement and fix things books..I love it!!!

2Dog said:
man toy time....I want one. tex I am jealous I want to know how to do all the practical stuff you do...I have all these home improvement and fix things books..I love it!!!

I can tell you how I know these things. I grew up POOR. Ya learn how to work with it I reckon. Things got better for me that much is true but I aint loaded with money thats for sure.

I have a brush hog and a belly mower for the tractor as well. Box blade, plow, sod buster, etc etc. They keep me employeed. I aint really trying to be employeed but these folks keep calling me all the darn time to do work :confused: . Its all paid for though, I have this house and the one next door that I just cant bring myself to rent out. I keep the lights and gas turned on and I work out of its garage.

dude you may not be rich but to many your life is the american dream..being your own boss... = priceless

OldHippieChick said:
wonderin' out loud how wide that thing is.....

Looks big, huh? Its only 42inches across the actuall tilling area. They make em much much bigger though. This one beats my walk behind tiller in a big way. My walk behind tiller tryed to kill me on several occasions this sping and the beginning of this fall. I am gonna sell the walk behind. Thank Goodness

Latest posts

Back