runoff with organics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesweedmore

Reaction score
I have a question about runoff and drainage

I grow with LC'soilless mix #1 ( i use 20%worm casts,10% peatmoss ,70% coco mix with 2 tablespoon dolomite lime for per gal.) , but is it possible to just water without any runoff and just moistening the medium? Or do I have to have 20-30% runoff like in coco and canna nutes?

If I go with coir in LCs mix, would I run into problems without running it off? I have a fear that I will be flushing nutes away if I let it runoff 30% every watering.

thanks.

Got a bonzai mom in a ceramic bonzai pot with no drainage...except a fish emulsion screw up (caused some funky PH fluctuations) its growin great in organics ;) averaging 20+ clones a month. Yellow hasn't progressed in a week and all new growth is vibrant.
Mom mother mix is compost perlite lime and worm castings. feed Big bloom and top dress with castings for slow release N. Sorta gave up messing too much with the fish ferts until i get the tea mix right.

Picture or Video 055.JPG

Picture or Video 056.JPG

@Elephant Man

i could finally watch the movie " Elephant Man " yesterday.and today i am seeing your nickname as "Elephant Man" in my topic!
i am shocked :D

Latest posts

Back