"Safari Blast" cotton bud AfropipsxMandala under L.E.Ds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need a warmer higher wattage heat mat that's clear. New 50w light and some spot-lights on order too (hoping to use the lower wattage mat for CO2 kit -sugar/water/yeast far cheaper than massively overprized "Excellofizz"-)......

photo15006.jpg

photo15005.jpg

photo15004.jpg

New 65w Heat Mat giving excellent growing range temperature control and reducing humidity (note integral thermostat and heat probe)......

photo17018.jpg

photo17017.jpg

photo17007.jpg

photo17002.jpg

photo17001.jpg

photo17004.jpg

17b001.jpg

How far in flowering are these pics? how far do they have to go yet?

The following to be taken more or less now. Re-vegger still re-vegging (again lovely job under 45w).....

photo18017.jpg

photo18016.jpg

photo18013.jpg

photo18011.jpg

photo18007.jpg

photo18005.jpg

Polyploidal said:
The following to be taken more or less now. Re-vegger still re-vegging (again lovely job under 45w).....
'

So these plants are done? did you harvest some?

Harvest Tomorrow. A friend has done some under H.I.D and I've had two already. Done properly she is a very good smoke with real chocolatey flavour, strong, well-balanced and altogether very authentic, hash-bud connoisseurs will love this.......

photo19011.jpg

photo19009.jpg

photo19008.jpg

photo19006.jpg

photo19003.jpg

photo19001.jpg

First crack at auto-flowerers and proper use of temporary "box" kit. Can it be done? Oh yes. With the addition of mylar, a 65w heat mat and a computer fan two L.E.D units make up this low-cost/low-energy indoor grow environment. Makes a perfect propagating environment too, all four were up in just over three days.

photo1002.jpg

photo1003.jpg

photo1006.jpg

photo1007.jpg

A little too hot even under the L.E.Ds for the grow mat (I lost two, I thought these seeds would be a bit "finicky" -new breeds etc.-,). I bought three more (again one on sill), currently all five are doing well with no extra heating from the mat at all.

photo2008.jpg

photo2009.jpg

photo2010.jpg

photo2012.jpg

Hey Polyploidal, if those are "GlowPanel45" LEDs, they're just using the number "45" for something other than the wattage.

I own 8 of them. They're actually 28Watts each and if you check the paperwork that came with them or their webpage, you'll see the 28Watts referred to there. They do a great job of growing MJ is kept within 4 inches *max* from the canopy and the plant is LST'd or topped to fill the entire 12" x 12" area.

I haven't used mine for flowering.

The two at the front are nearly 28 days "old" (meaning when I began propagating them from seed). There were no problems with the two new seeds at the rear, I do note though that these seeds (and auto-flowerers generally I should imagine), really need a fairly intense light regime from the "get-go", the new seedlings are currently benefiting from same (the two "sill" germinated seeds germinated, sprouted and then swiftly died).

photo3010.jpg

photo3006.jpg

photo3005.jpg

Sunshine Systems "GlowPanel45", quote: "45W/110v". They are not "plug-and play" and need a transformer. I have used two 50w U.F.Os and these are better for smaller plants and whilst vegging so I question your assertion that the panels are only 28Watts each.

Polyploidal said:
Sunshine Systems "GlowPanel45", quote: "45W/110v". They are not "plug-and play" and need a transformer. I have used two 50w U.F.Os and these are better for smaller plants and whilst vegging so I question your assertion that the panels are only 28Watts each.

They most certainly ARE plug and play. Here's how I set mine up:

1. Take from box and plug into 110v.

Done. That's about as "Plug and Play" as it gets.

No transformer needed. All of the needed electronics is built right into the panel.

Here's the information about the light, right from the web page of the company that makes them:

shop.sunshine-systems.com/product.sc?productId=10

"GlowPanel 45® uses only 28 Watts of power"

"no ballast required"

Technical Specifications:

Power: 28 watts
Voltage: 100-260v AC (US, Europe, UK, Australia, South America)
LEDs: Multi-spectrum - blended for optimal growth
Operating Temperature: -4F~+104F / -20C~+40C
Weight: 4 lbs
Dimensions: 12.25" x 12.25" x 2.25"

-----
I don't know where you got that 45 watt quote from, but whoever it was, they have no idea what they're talking about. I've also used a "Kill-a-watt" meter to measure the wattage used and it stays between 23 and 28 watts.

Now that I mention it, where DID you get that "45watt 110v" quote from? Link?

Stoney Bud said:

screw "bob the builder" and his lazy bastard pygmy from down unda rippin my grow....I want Stoney in my grow room :rofl: I just hope ICE won't get involved...would be heartbroken if Stoney was deported to an island of redheaded hot nymphomaniacs. might just curl up and die...not being able to be there with him :banana: some places in this earth men shoudn't venture alone without a chill homie and a fat doobie. ;)

(edit: PS been up for 24 hrs. sorry if my usual jab jokes are off today....as they say "poo" happens LOL thanks for lettin an old dawg jack a thread for a sec. ;)
:48: )

Mutt said:
screw "bob the builder" and this lazy bastard pygmy rippin my grow....I want Stoney in my grow room :rofl:

Hahaha, yer killin me!

My English teacher, long ago, used to scream at us when we used "done" to mean "finished". She would scream in her "finger-nails-on-the-chalk-board" whiny voice; "Your food is DONE when you have FINISHED cooking something! When a TASK is COMPLETE, you are FINISHED with it."

Everyone hated her. I can only imagine that her own Mother hated her....hehe

As you can see, her instruction didn't take with me.

Give the Pygmy some stems to chew on. It mellows the little freak out!

pygmy smoking TBGs weed.JPG

there is that little crap head...he owes me a qp and 17 boxes of little debbies the slacker!!!

Polyploidal said:
Harvest Tomorrow. A friend has done some under H.I.D and I've had two already. Done properly she is a very good smoke with real chocolatey flavour, strong, well-balanced and altogether very authentic, hash-bud connoisseurs will love this.......

Know that this is old ... but those are not ready ... no way jose.

They weren't were they? Long time ago.. anyhoo... does, "from the box it came in help?" (re: wattage). I live in the U.K and DO need a transformer. Anyhoo .. under a 50w U.F.O now (heat build up is ruling out use of the pack panel and heat mat but they're very comfy under one U.F.O -soil temp and air-temp discrepency issues are leading me to be of the opinion that side-panel heat cables may be the low-wattage answer to cold day heat loss-).

photo4013.jpg

photo4014.jpg

photo4015.jpg

bho_expertz said:
Know that this is old ... but those are not ready ... no way jose.

You realise those were "Fast Blast" "Safari Mix" crosses don't you?

Latest posts

Back