"Safari Blast" cotton bud AfropipsxMandala under L.E.Ds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polyploidal

Reaction score
A quick blast to check photo upload and I will flesh out the details of this superb hybrid under L.E.Ds.

photo002.jpg

photo001.jpg

photo003.jpg

Here are the pictures of this lovely hybrid (vigour? I'll tell you).....Now under 50w integral fan fitted L.E.D U.F.Os (I can post the spectral analysis of all the lights if necessary), having been brought-on under two 45w un-fanned grow-panels. Heat is going to be an issue here (even in Southern Britain) these lights are cool man. So if anyone would care to post on small coverage under-pot heating mats then please do as winter looms!! infact on low wattage heaters generally.
The U.F.Os are tweaked to "pink" but the panels are more purple, both claim to be able to grow veg-flower (and although this is first time out for the U.F.Os the panels are certainly cabable of same).
Note small dehumidifier.

image1.jpg

image12.jpg

image3.jpg

I'm using "Fito's" mycorrhizae in my peat-free soil protocol with worm-castings and guano, very good results. 25ml of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar sorts out my water supply x5l (but I won't be using tap if they flouridate our water man). I'm checking heat mats et.al myself now, I'll post the trials!. These babies flower fast but last well and yeild. I've crossed her with a landrace Jaimacan sativa (a friend has three underway already) that's a pure landrace on Afropip's BlueberryxIranian landracexMandala's F1 landrace breeding stock ("Safari Mix")xlandrace Jamaican sativa. Again we'll let you know.
Hey L.E.D users 100w of L.E.D in 0.5m is quite a storm can you say anything like that for compacts or H.I.D? 200w of L.E.D would be real power and no heat issues.

photo013.jpg

photo015.jpg

photo001.jpg

image4.jpg

photo003.jpg

photo006.jpg

photo007.jpg

Now added 45w heatmat from "Suttons", I'll let you know how it goes, here shown two weeks into flower having been vegged on a frosted bathroom window-sill for two weeks, then under two 45w panels (I should have fanned them more but heat was an issue -can you believe that July-August in this country, in an airing cupboard?!..bbbrrrrrr....).

1011.jpg

1012.jpg

1013.jpg

1014.jpg

1015.jpg

They look pretty good for LED's. Keep it up.

Left these a bit whilst vegging (busy elsewhere I'm afraid) when they needed fanning. However re-vegging their scrawny sister (also somewhat neglected) on 24 hrs for a few weeks under one 45w panel, in my new "New Horizon" (best of commercial/retail peat-free according to "Gardener's World") compost plus worm-castings plus guano in a 12l, pics to follow.
The heat mat is very useful, "Sutton's" are offering a horticultural thermostat too ("Bio-Green" Thermostat TR-E), which may be essential for winter use (total current wattage in the grow tent -including rechargable dehumidifier and computer fan- 150w).
Any Hoo...

photo2013.jpg

photo2014.jpg

photo2005.jpg

Like I said they were initially vegged soft all of them (recommend intense L.E.D use from off -but still use discretion on light proximity during early seedling stage-). "Full spectrum" L.E.Ds can be placed as near as 3 inches from the plant tops.
Strain has tendency to big buds so watch humidity (again L.E.Ds don't burn moisture)....

photo7008.jpg

photo7007.jpg

photo7004.jpg

photo7002.jpg

Looks sweet bro! How much did the LED's set you back man?

The two 45ws were £110, the two 50ws were about the same.
They weren't treated too well as youngsters the flowerers and they are telling me so (even so the hybrid is a good one and is "pulling" for me). Note however the scrawny one having been re-vegged on 24 for three weeks, she gonna' flower nice (re-set the hormones you see).

photo8002.jpg

photo8006.jpg

photo8014.jpg

photo8012.jpg

photo8011.jpg

photo8010.jpg

photo8015.jpg

photo8004.jpg

photo8013.jpg

photo8016.jpg

Two weeks from flower the pair.
After 4 weeks on 24 hrs under one 45w panel I have stressed "The Bush" and am putting her into flower today. Will employ my other 45w panel as-well once I've purchased another chain!

photo9019.jpg

photo9018.jpg

photo9015.jpg

photo9014.jpg

Nutes Note: I'm curently using raw cow and sheep manure (filtered through muslin) in a water/comfrey solution adding: Epsom Salts, Organic Black Strap Molases and Maxicrop Organic Seaweed Solution (I now use some form of vegetable based hormone stimulator in all my liquid flowering prep). 25ml of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar sorts out 5l of our tap water nicely. Tent Humidity is still a bit high, bigger de-humidifier on purchase list! (don't tell me about top or side pocketing and venting it's all been done!)

Pulled the two ladies in the tent, one now re-vegging (see photo).
Re-vegged sister now stressed in tent (keep 'em peeled!).

photo10015.jpg

photo10014.jpg

photo10013.jpg

photo10012.jpg

photo10006.jpg

photo10007.jpg

First time re-veg following full flowering for me so it's nice to see some horns...(the new growth appears to have taken place overnight!)
Yeah and I will have to go a little easier on the nutes, my liquid manure is (quite obviously) very strong.

photo11015.jpg

photo11012.jpg

Nice plants, looks like pretty dense growth, there. Is this your first grow with led's?
I've never heard of that strain before, is it from the safari mix, or a private breeder?

I bred it! From Afropips' "Fast Blast" and Mandala's "Safari Mix" ("White Hunter, Black Heart"). First FULL L.E.D only grow yes. Thus far....

photo12014.jpg

photo12013.jpg

photo12010.jpg

photo12004.jpg

photo12012.jpg

photo12002.jpg

Four weeks into re-veg, four weeks into flower (flowering time 8 weeks)....

photo13015.jpg

photo13014.jpg

photo13013.jpg

photo13008.jpg

photo13007.jpg

photo13005.jpg

photo13003.jpg

photo13002.jpg

Latest posts

Back