Sativa Non-Smelly Strain?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorn

Micro Queen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm thinking about getting a new strain to grow some time this year but not just yet so i thought i'd start looking now so I can be certain on what I choose.

I'd like a good pure sativa, or high sativa to indica ratio hybrid so it can help me with the depression. I'd prefer it to have a minimal smell as I don't yet know if i'll be able to afford any kind of smell eliminator this year.

Not fussed on colour like purple and whatnot but of course that would always be nice hehe :p

Now I know the pure sativas tend to have a much longer flowering period, now I'll be growing indoors so thats not too much of a problem but of course a shorter flowering period is always good too.

I did grow Easy Sativa once before and that only had about a 9 week flowering period, although I have no idea what its sativa/indica ratio was.

So any suggestions welcome :D

When it comes to sats thorn. I would have things in place to covor odor DIY carbon scrubber or something. When it comes to Sats, its gonna be hit or miss. some will make you panic or paranoid, others wil make you creative and perky. I've had some sat doms peeps said it makes them very paranoid not do anything of the sort to me. but then had others that plumb freaked me out and others loved it. Some a long cure is a must to help tone down the jitters.
Example. my Juicy Fruit x Champagne i hated it while others that grew were in love. drove me nuts. I let it cure 6 months and it is by far some of the best smoke i ever had. and it was a 1 toke wonder. but 1 month cure it made me have panic attacks.
Your best bet is to browse around a lot of grow journals before picking out a strain. Unlike indies you'll be hitting 12 week + flowering times. Also HPS is not as suited for pure sats as MH;s plus lighting period requirements are different esp in the equtorial sativas. That always get 12/12 yr round. I am getting some Thais and things that will require 16-20 weeks of flower. I love Sat doms above all else. my 8 wk days are over :p trick with some of the hard core sats is to start em on 12/12 it wil go through a 5 week veg then start flowering on its own. its wierd. going against what everything we are taught, but pure sat growers are a different breed than most hybrid growers.
Hit me up in a PM and i'l shoot you some info. Just let me know what exactly your trying to get and what some of your mental issues your trying to supress are. I'l hit up some of my online bros and see what we can dig up for you without you spending 3 months on a strain and turn out hating it ;)

hey Thorn... that Stonehedge I tried out is just killer... it's about a 9wk strain only (I let mine go 11 tho, cuz I like the ambered pot:hubba: )... around 9 to get cloudy like you'd probably want.

Like I mentioned, it's a pleasant smoke and yields pretty nice for a sativa, and it doesn't smell all that much - it smells almost like cut flowers... no where near as stinky as my Skunk :rolleyes: I recommend it :aok:

Cinderella 99.

All the way as far as anti-depressents. I know from personal exp.

Look for strains that contain cindy or some similar genetics. Yield and smoke are top notch. Permanent stock on my strain list.

great info thanks guys..

Mutt said:
trick with some of the hard core sats is to start em on 12/12 it wil go through a 5 week veg then start flowering on its own.

Yea thats what my last Easy Sativa did but then showed me his balls :rolleyes:

Thanks mutt, really good info there :) I think it may be safest for me to try a sativa dominant hybrid rather than a pure sat.

TCVG that Stonehedge looks really nice, who's selling that at the moment?

Thanks Effen, I'll look into the Cindys, sounds pretty good.

I've done Early Girl and the Early Mist indoors and the smell was minimal.........but I do have a carbon filter and Uvonaire.

Green haze. But I think its a 50.50 cross. Only grew one. Didn't really have a smell unless you touched it. Was an 8 week flower. Loved the head hi out of it.

green haze..sounds nice, where did you get that one from?

I don't remember where I seen them for sale at. I git the seeds from a friend who ordered them. I will ask. I think it was dutch bros

I don't know where the Stonehedge seeds were purchased from, Thorn... they were gifted to me, but I can ask the next time I talk to my friend....

SILVER HAZE® is the first true Indica-Sativa hybrid. Haze, the most powerful pure Sativa in the world, has been carefully combined with high-potency Indica strains, which were made less dominant through repeated back-breeding. The Indica crossing shortens the height and growing time as well as increasing the size and density of the sativa-type buds without affecting the intense Sativa high. Silver Haze has uniform growth patterns and produces heavy amounts of thick resin glands on airy sativa-type buds that compact at finish. The smell is an incredible overpowering spiced pine Haze aroma mixed with sour fruit that adds a gentle bite to the tangy full-bodied Haze flavor. The Indica crossing also does not affect the intense uplifting Haze high of deeply cerebral and giggly with a slight trippy edge.

it may stink a little but you might want to try this.

I just read this and thought of you ;)

WHITE SATIN MANDALA SEEDS X 10

Type: indica-sativa
Contains land race genetics from: North India (Punjab)
Cultivation: indoor/outdoor
Flowering time: 65 days/September-October
Yield: 400-500 gr/m2 (dry weight)
Aroma: sweet-fruity bouquet with a touch of apricot
High: a potent, up-high that leaves you clear-headed yet wonderfully stoned; recommended as “leasure and pleasure” cannabis; physically stimulating.
Potency: 7/10; no nervous side-effects (racy heart, etc.); suitable for regular med users.
Medical potential: this strain shows potential against anxiety and depression.

This robust variety is a good choice for the novice gardener and experienced grower alike. She combines power, quality, and flexibility with a relatively short flowering time. White Satin is made for easy growing... you can plant and harvest with a minimum of effort. The main flowering power is located on the central stem, but also the side shoots deliver quality “nuggets”. White Satin has proven to be very versatile for Sea of Green or SCROG (Screen of Green) methods and performs well under low light conditions ( fluorescent, CFL, 250W NDL). Her medium height, good yield, and well-balanced intensive high have made her a popular variety for indoor.

DocC sells them :)

Sounds like the perfect all round strain, will definately look into that :D thanks hippy

So has anyone come across a really low odour strain, like the original question asked? By that, I mean, for example, I have 6 indicas, flowering, in a small grow room and no need for a carbon fan thingy. Are there any sativas that have that almost-no-odour character and yet are still potent? I ask because installing a carbon thingy in the garden is not exactly practical... summer breezes ...

hey leaf...know what you mean. I have been hunting around for low smelling strains this year and mainly strains that smell of things that aren't weed lol. I have tried 2 strains from Dutchbreed one was Lowryder Mint and the other Orange Candy Floss, but the plants i've grown so far still have that strong 'weed' skunky smell. Dutchbreed does say that Little Red Ryder has a near to no smell, but thats ok if you want autoflowering. I will probably want a 12/12 strain to cut down on costs, and to get the higher yeilds :)

Yeah ... I am doing my bit, I had hopes that my new hybrid would be low-odour (a Mex sat crossed with Aurora) but no, it has a very distinct smell that makes me want to grind my teeth together. You know what I mean, that "sweet acid" smell. It is nowhere near as strong as the stink that the male sativa parent made, so I will try it in the garden outdoor this year and see how many I can grow without being too worried about that distinctive odour wafting out of the garden and into the noses of the narcs. :eek:
I am beginning to think that all sativas have that funky stink... in England I grew one that smelt so funky the neighbour's lawn died off ... LOL.
Once, on a project in the Middle East I smelt that characteristic smell in a vast store room and spent hours trying to find what I was convinced was someone's stash of weed, and finally discovered ....... . ...... a pile of old rubber hoses rotting away :eek:

Latest posts

Back