Satori grow #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old_SSSC_Guy

incorrigible reprobate
Reaction score
After hearing so many wonderful things about Mandala's Satori here on MP from THG, I couldn't resist trying some. This has not been my best grow (no fault of the strain) but definately not my worst.

A pack of 10 was wetted on 9/12/11, yielding 8 germinated and 2 terminal. Each was put into a 4 gallon square bucket mix of 5 parts FoxFarm Happy Frog potting soil, 3 parts HappyFrog soil conditioner, and 1 part worm castings. One plant was later abused by a very ill tempered cat and is kinda there and kinda not.

The pics below were at day 14 and again at day 30. Happy little plants, each with their own name tag.

Satori-day14.JPG

Satori-day30.JPG

For me, they really caught their stride about day 40. Fed them FoxFarm Gro Big with some occasional FoxFarm Kangaroots and Microbe Brew.

Pica are the same plants at day 70. First pic shows 3 females along the wall, the second pic shows the tallest plant (a female) next to 1 of 2 robust males. Third pic shows the 2 big males on the right, tall female to their left.

Satori-day70-1.JPG

Satori-day70-2.JPG

Satori-day70-3.JPG

They look really nice. I have some Satori that should go 12/12 this week so will follow yours along if you don't mind ;).

How long are you going to veg them ?

my next seed order will include Satori....... count me in.

they were put into flower yesterday (smile).

bho_expertz said:
They look really nice. I have some Satori that should go 12/12 this week so will follow yours along if you don't mind ;).

How long are you going to veg them ?

I hoped you cloned them...welcome to the land of satori. Don't know what i did before satori.

no, no clones. i intend to let the two largest and the two bushiest ones mate and see what babies i might have for spring. there are 2 males the size of hercules and one male thats a total bush; and they have matching females.

a little soft lighting, gentle music, moist soil - should have 2 rather different Satori families.

Wow those things are going to be monsters in another two months! I have to watch this one.

Pick the best male and axe all others.
Why would you start out with a breeding run before you know what the plant will do?
Setting up for summer seeds?
This makes on sense.
Buy more seeds and / or make clones.
What am I missing here.
I may be overly emotional as my Satori seeds are in the mail.
So yes, I am watching and wishing your grow the best.

Wow, those are big, healthy plants. Don't see a lot of people with the space to veg for 70 days.

I'm just thinking, couldn't you take the males out, keep the most robust and flower just one and then once it started pollinating, you can remove it and selectively pollinate and save yourself from what I would imagine would be pretty seedy bud?

Oh and also was wondering how much lighting overhead?

After delays from family drama the harvest has finally begun. This is the first one, a 4.5 foot hefty thing. This plant and one other really show an indica heritage, the others are 7' or better and distinctly sativa. Pics of them to come. Everything was grown same room , same feed, same lights, etc. but the crop showed much variation in this strain. It would be a good one for cloning. While not as stable a strain and as uniform as I would have liked, its still a easy strain to grow. I've run 20 hybrids of one strain and gotten less than 2" difference between them all. This Satori ran from 4-foot to 7-foot so is still showing some inconsistency of hybridization. But you cannot complain about the results.

Satori01-12.jpg Satori01-15.jpg Satori01-25.jpg

Satori01-53.jpg Satori01-50.jpg

Next girl, about 4', little side branching, hunker-thick buds. Only difference here is that I used an old 3 gal grow bag instead of a bucket.

Forgot to say that plant #1 above had a trimmed yield of about 3.5 oz.

Satori02-39.jpg Satori02-32.jpg Satori02-27.jpg Satori02-05.jpg

Here starts the sativa-dominant girls. Tall as heck, lots of side branching, lots of internode length. Gangly ladies they are. The 3 tall ones each come in at about 7 foot and are radically different than the shorties from the same packet of seed. Not the bud density of the indica-dominant ones, but still good and plentiful.

Satori03-03.jpg Satori03-11.jpg Satori03-15.jpg Satori03-34.jpg

Satori03-18.jpg

not that i can really offer an opinion on JAM. still waiting for a proper cure. i mean the niblets got me buzzed but thats not a fair eval, you know?

well done...... stoned days ahead...... more of the satori love....... 7 ft :holysheep:

Congrats on the satori. That was a nice little bit to know about the variances in phenotype.

I was wondering how many seeds were involved? Are all those buds seeded? I have Satori seeds waiting. Thanks for the show -- very interesting. Excellent grow..

Peace

Latest posts

Back