Satori grow #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not found the difference in phenos like you have in my Satori grows. I have probably ordered and grown 3 or 4 10-pack of seeds over the years and have found mine to be quite consistent in their growth. I will be curious now to see what the newest seeds will produce.

You have a nice sized room there. How many lumens are you running and how big is your space?

I was surprised too HG, but the proof is in the grow I guess. The stubby ones could have been nice clone mothers. But this packet clearly showed 2 distinct phenos. I was freaky on making sure they all had the same diet, source soil, etc. I did not breed them.

Dunno about lumens, I've never really paid attention to the numbers. The space these were done in is about 6'x8' and has two 1000 HPS (only one during start of flowering). Its a 3-sided space, 1" white insulation on the sides and one end open. Average lighted temp was 78-82, humidity a smooth 50% give or take, 18 hr veggie for about 70 days (from germ), and a flat 12/12 hr finish. All FoxFarm food, nothing else. I know that it seems everyone uses molasses and such, I've not tried it. Pretty old school grow.

This was the first crop I tried a few new things from FF - their Microbe Brew, Kangaroots, and Sledge Hammer. I honestly can't tell if it improved anything because I did not run a baseline strain in the room like I should have. But the Root Drench definately made them happier, used it once and you could see them enjoying it in a day or so from the soil enema. Root Drench really seems like just a simple wetting agent, same thing I used to do with a few drops Dr Bronner's unscented in clear water to flush the pots.

I have no doubt this run could have been better, they just were not tended as much as they could/should have been. But they seem to be yielding well and they sure smell nice. Just would not do it again because of the headroom - unless I topped and trained them, knowing it was coming. These were intentionally not topped or messed with. Wanted to try this in its native form. A challenge when you get tall runners like these were. Its all a lessor of evils and shifting plants for as even lighting as you can.

Love the buzz - just like you've often recommended here on MP, the high is light and airy; a great working or daytime smoke. Because I've grown more used to Indica's lately, the first Satori-only day has been a welcome change!

I have high plans for the next run. Going to fall back on some British specialities and have a shoot-out between 3 Cheese strains.

I have a pack of Satori with 3 germmed this run, i hope i find 2 phenos like you did.

they look great, you have me very optimistic about my Satori .

Here is the next lady, this one was about 7-foot tall. She did not retain nitrogen like the others so she threw lots of yellowing. Her branches had to be interlaced & tied up as most of them fell from the weight of the buds. Time will tell for sure, but the yield looks about 4 oz manuicured.

Satori-4-02.jpg Satori-4-04.jpg Satori-4-12.jpg

Thanks Ozzy.

This next one (second to last) I am jumping the gun a little because its not ready for harvest. Its only 4-foot tall but the buds are amazingly large and dense. It will easily provide as much as its 6-foot sisters. Only problem with this Satori - she won't finish! In the exact same environment as her sisters, instead of finishing she just keeps on flowering. She is past term on the calendar but not done yet. I call it 'hydra head' because each main bud re-flowered with 3 heads. Hope the pics will show that. She shows a little of the same yellowing as the last one a I posted, but much less. Some of her trics are starting to cloud, so she might get pulled before she's really done.

Even cutting the light back another 1.5 hours has not made this girl take a hint!

Satori05-01.jpg Satori05-02.jpg Satori05-04.jpg Satori05-08.jpg

I have got 3 diferent phenos ... 2 are similar except for the buds formation ( one uses more N then the other ) and the other is ( i think ) a indica dom.

But i agree with you about the smell. Having the Larry and Satori in the tent is crazy :doh: ... I could stand all day in the tent just sniffing and sniffing ;)

Greats pics and plants :aok:

the plant on message #24 i estimated to be 4 oz. and i was wrong. ended up yielding (what i think is my record) at 150 g finished, or 5.25 oz. from the one plant.

Its gets better. The small 'Hydra Head' plant shown above in #26 yielded 3.76 oz of very dense bud. For a plant less than 4-foot tall (actually 3-foot tall when you subtract the grow bag) that's a yield of about 1 oz per foot. I think I can live with that...

I am still shaking my head with a smile. Now starts the inevitable "why didn't i take cuttings?!?!?!" self-abuse.

Better still? - I got 4.68 oz from ONE FREEBIE SEED! They gave me a Hash Plant freebie that grew like the Satori and ended up about 7-foot tall. The buds are sativa-thin and not bulky, but it was free. LOVE THE 'TUDE!

Update: the 'Hydra Head' plant has now yielded 3 well formed seeds so far. Yippie!

What happened is when the 2 males were pulled from the room, when I carried them out they brushed against 2 plants in the room; one Hash Plant female and the squat 'hydra head' pictured above.

Since both males seemed to be the tall, lanky phenotype I can only hope that at least one of these seeds will show her mother's traits.

were the satoris f2's? i ask because of the variation ya know?

beautiful trees no doubt, but not what i expected at all after seeing alot of other satori grows that were predominately indica...

nice haul...peace...

Latest posts

Back