SEED question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetBLACK

Reaction score
when a seedbank says the yeild of a seed is 700-800grams per square meter. what does that mean?? is that refering to SOG only??

SOG means Sea of green, all that means is to have plants in at least three different stages, (clone, veg, and flower) so that you have a continuing harvest. What it means is given that amount of space full of plant(s) that is what you can expect in ideal conditions. That's claiming between 25 - 28.5 ounces per square meter. A meter is only 3.3 (aprox. 3.2808.....) feet. What seed bank and what seeds are you looking at?

it was hempstore.com. other ones said 400-500gram per square meter. if i am not using a sea of green is there a way to estimate yeilds or no??

i know that alot of factor determine yeild but is there a way to estimate which strains have potentially higher yeilds?

generally indica's produce more.

Like you said, there is no way you will know from the beginning... TRY NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT! often growers over estimate the final dry weight and are dissapointed.

If you're new to growing, dont EXPECT anything. Well i mean, dont expect that your going to recieve 700-800 g/sqm. It can be tough getting the conditions just right, and sometimes very expensive.

Now im not saying you WONT get that, but IMO its better to not predict, just to take it as it comes.

one of my first grows, i expected a pound. I ended up with 6 oz. almost a third of what i was expecting. And it can be dissapointing.

On the other hand, it was enough to last me until my next grow was complete.

jetBLACK said:
when a seedbank says the yeild of a seed is 700-800grams per square meter. what does that mean?? is that refering to SOG only??

It means they are being very optimistic in their estimations(I'm being polite here!) as a very good organic grow is lucky to hit 600 grams per sq meter with a 600w hps lamp.

If you are getting that you are at the upper end of the yield possible although with a good clone that is a beast of a producer you might get more and do know someone that got 2 grams per sq meter once but he never repeated it.

It would be realistic to expect 300-400 per sq meter and thats a good grow for organics really.I get about 0.7g per watt(420g approx) with sativa's grown from seed and thats not too shabby at all really and would be lucky to get more methinks so don't get hung up on yield and take with a pinch of salt the breeders stated yields and maturing times as some companies outright lie about finishing times.

Sensi Seedbank are the supreme bullshitters saying a strain can take 50 days when its 63-70!!!!

It's as pimpdaddycool says,its not good to get hung up on yields so just focus on getting a good set up,get a harvest in and then you can fine tune from there.

Rockster said:
... and do know someone that got 2 grams per sq meter once but he never repeated it....

DAMN! that musta been a bummer! :holysheep:

hahaha just kidding dude. Im sure you meant 2 lbs? :hubba:

Na,straight up,he got 1200g out of 1 sq meter.

Ah,hang on,just convert imperial to metric(when are you Americans gonna get with the metric program!)

A kilo is 35.5oz approx so thats half an oz short of 2lbs so with the additional 200g(7 oz) that makes:

A rather handsome 2 lbs 6 1/2 oz.:hubba::hubba::hubba:

Ohhh no dude! i know all that! you said he got 2 G per square meter! hahaha 2 grams right? thats like enough for a couple blunts! hahahaha

Sorry mate,you are right!

It's getting late around my way and meant 2g per watt in one sq meter,doh!

1200 dry grams in a square meter of growing space???

Lets look at the math here...

That would be 133.33 grams per square foot

11.11 grams per square inch

Does any of this sound even remotely possible???

Getting 350 - 450 grams per square meter of properly lit area is doing pretty well, wheather you are using a 400 or a 600 or a 1000... Remember that different lights cover different sized areas, so the size of the light is kind of moot.

No it doesnt but I saw it with my own eyes and was 9 plants per sq meter under 1 600w hps.

It was super silver haze,an exceptionally high yielding pheno but he flowered the mum in another grow which is why he's never repeated it and I agree 350-450g is the norm but with the right clone which had such tight internodal spacing and huge buds this was possible.

We can only dream,eh?:)

Latest posts

Back