Seed Sexing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QBCrocket

Reaction score
Hi Farmers
I ran this pasts the OFC but never had any bites so thought Id put it out there is there any credence in this at all
I met an old digger in the pub last night he told me something that at first I though was just drunken talk but I thought Id run it by the you all and see what you think , he sed he sexes his seeds I sed that it was impossible but he sed it has always worked for him , If the bottom of the seed is completely round and sunken in like a volcano it will be female if the bottom has a broken circle or oval shape it will be male , what do you think is it possible could it really be that simple
cheers

Hi Farmers
I ran this pasts the OFC but never had any bites so thought Id put it out there is there any credence in this at all
I met an old digger in the pub last night he told me something that at first I though was just drunken talk but I thought Id run it by the you all and see what you think , he sed he sexes his seeds I sed that it was impossible but he sed it has always worked for him , If the bottom of the seed is completely round and sunken in like a volcano it will be female if the bottom has a broken circle or oval shape it will be male , what do you think is it possible could it really be that simple
cheers
Interesting thought, I'll have to do an experiment on this.
It sort of makes sense, even peppers have different sexes.
I'm sure someone else has better insight than I do but I will experiment with it and keep you posted.

I've tried this several times and it wasn't accurate at all for me.
I studied each seed under a magnafiing glass using only the "female" seeds and still had about a 50/50 mix of male female.
Maybe it works for someone else but not for me.

I could be wrong but I think your first thought was right,,,,just drunk talk

Seed companies would be selling presexed seed instead of feminized seed if U could tell by looking ?-- I'm side with Zig on this one and call B-S !--

LOL--this old wives tale has been around forever and really has no scientific validity at all. While all of us would LOVE it if there was a way to tell if a seed were male or female, it is impossible. In fact, IMHO, if a drunk you met in a bar said it works, he was either lying, lucky, or just pulling your leg.

I believe that if you try it, you will see that it really doesn't work at all.

There is more proof that the sex of a plant can be influenced early on in germination and vegging. Something about the amount of Nitrogen in the soil I believe.

For just $29.95 + shipping and handling, I'll send you my guaranteed 420 Prayer Cloth. Just drape it over your germinating seeds, and "Pray the Boys Away!!" No more pesky Male 420 plants ever again! Also guaranteed results for Warts, Lumbago, and even Better SAT Scores for the Kids!!

420.jpg

But wait !-- Also included is the spider mite prayer !-- A few spoken words and spider mites are a thing of the past!--

Hi Farmers
cheers
I will try to sort this out for you. It's called logic. It's a process of thinking about things. If it were true, every grower and breeder would do this. Seed breeders wouldn't need to make feminized seed, they could just sort the female ones by looking. But they don't do this. Can you guess why they don't? Because its bunk, pure and simple. There are no short cuts to growing cannabis, and no way around nature.

haha that was great reading , going to have to send to mythbusters , that would be a great episode
Surely if its sed at the sanctuary of a bar its true
I havnt used seeds for a lot of years only cuts , but when I did use seed I had a theory that if the roots could touch at an early age 1 would be male , survival theory, no feminised seeds for us back then

Latest posts

Back