Seed Storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlendrake

Reaction score
Anyone find a way to store seeds for an extended period of time? How was the germination rate? Does it affect male/female/hermaph outcome? Yield and quality?

Any sugestions would be appreciated.

seeds if kept along time will still germinate i keep mine in a plastic bag and they germinate fine and why would you need to keep seeds along time the longest ive ever kept some seeds is probly about a year and the still germinated and only the plant effects the yeild and quality

Yeah I'm not talking a long time. Just till i get some space to sprout them.

We've had seeds from three years ago and germinated just fine. I keep mine in small baggies each with a paper stating the strain. Storing them in dark dry places.

I keep them in jewelry box. No plastic bags or anything...never had a problem germing. Seeds are hardy, not fragile. That shell was designed by nature to protect the seedling inside.

So it seems like there is nothing special then which is very cool.

schlen'...for "long term" storage, I put seeds in airtight containers(film viles) with a desicantpack from a pill bottle and keep it in the "crisper" section of the 'fridge.
Seeds 5+ yrs have popped without hesitation.

Awsome Hick thanks mucho. So I would have to say that even for short term storage that would be good.

Latest posts

Back