Seedling and Weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyGoo

Reaction score
Alright, I got 8 seedling sprouted, and i got them planted in pots. My only concern is that, its suppose to be a bit windy for a couple of days and a lil rain too. I am wondering is the wind goin to rip my little babies out of the ground? b/c i just planted them today, so they should be popping up in about 3 days. I was going to put them in direct sunlight in the middle of my yard just until they get strong enough to take them to my spot....

Also, is it possible for me to grow in the wetlands down my ravine? I found a nice area that gets a decent amount of sun....

Someone give me an idea, thanks fo the help.

RandyGoo said:
Alright, I got 8 seedling sprouted, and i got them planted in pots. My only concern is that, its suppose to be a bit windy for a couple of days and a lil rain too. I am wondering is the wind goin to rip my little babies out of the ground? b/c i just planted them today, so they should be popping up in about 3 days. I was going to put them in direct sunlight in the middle of my yard just until they get strong enough to take them to my spot....

Also, is it possible for me to grow in the wetlands down my ravine? I found a nice area that gets a decent amount of sun....

Someone give me an idea, thanks fo the help.

"Wind" is rough on babies or plants newly introduced to the outdoors. I doubt it will "rip" them out, but it could wind burn them and stubt their growth.
"Wetlands" aren't ideal for sure. MJ likes/NEEDS to dry out in the rootzone between waterings. I've heard of ppl building up a mound 'above' the water level and growing there, but unsure of the final results were satisfactory.

You can always bring them inside right? That's what I would do if the weather gets too nasty. Hick is right. Wetlands isn't an ideal spot for mj plants. Too much water and they do terribly. You may want to consider some containers for your grow. Containers can be hidden pretty easily. Just my thoughts. I wish you the best of luck with the babies. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Yea, but where I am growing there its like an island surrounded my a lil muk and water. I'm going to put them in pots with some good soil and paint the pot like camoflauge. Does that sound ok, Its not too far from my house so i can visit them here and there.

Also what is good to keep deer and bugs away? Does that pepper spray really work well? Thanks for the advice though.

thats pretty much how i have it right now...my backyard is like a 1/4 mile wetlands before the nice woods :) but i have my sproutlings in solo cups in containers on my wetlands and everything works fine...although hiking through it is awful so when they are planted they will be in diff spots...just think if its worth all the extra effort to have it close 2 home or not..if you really like that spot then use it

Thats what Im worried about to, This week for me is going to be all rain and my seeds are in germ since yesterday and Im worried about putting em outside. I would keep em inside but I rent a room from a couple so that's not an option. I was think of building a see through case with holes to put over the sprouts intell the rain passes, What you think about that? Or put em under some trees or shrubs so they dont get a sea of water on em.

I think as long as they are in containers, you shouldn't have any problem putting them where you want to put them. You can dig shallow holes to sit the pots in to make them a little shorter and paint them. That will help out a lot. Also, let the weeds grow up around your pots to help conceal it. I've never had any kind of problem with deer and where I live, the herds can be over 100+. For bugs, you can get a pesticide if absolutely necessary or there are organic sprays that you can mix up. I've used sevin dust on my outdoor ladies. Only in veg though. Hope this helps. Take care and be safe.

ill find a link to my grow last year i used bottles over the babies to protect them from the harsh weather. they were quickly acustomed to the cold and wind so i removed them just as they would appear to outgrow the bottle (ie. BEFORE the leaves touch the sides). it also acts as a propagator for them in the early stages, so it helps in a few different ways, and its cheap,

Latest posts

Back