seedlings ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baggervance

Reaction score
How wet do you keep seedlings like when they first pop out? I'm not being lazy I searched but couldn't find it.

I keep the soil moist...not drenched, but moist until first set of leafs not the single leaves, next node. then switch to reg fwatering every couple days. if real dry in the house i treat em like a clone at first.

srry Mutt I dont know how to treat a clone. What you mean next node? like when they first come out with the two leaves?

no the next set...and then let soil dry then water..and let dry again..use only water for the first 3-4 weeks.. then introduce nutes lightly..Thanks for growing :ciao:

I have one that you can just see when will I need to put him under the lights?

I like to water them with a spray bottle until they are close to the vegatative growth stage. I also like to give them about a quarter teaspoon of big bloom in my spay bottle also.

Some people start on nutes early. I personally don't suggest it, but to each thier own. Big Bloom however, I don't use it, so correct me if I'm wrong. I would think this to be a nutrient additive for the flower phase, as suggested by the name of the product Big "Bloom". That sounds like a waste of money, IMO...
Anyways, sorry Bagger...
Once your plant has sprouted, it should be under light. 24/7
Generally you want to plant your seed, or sprouted seed, and water well. Then leave it be. As the soil dries, it will promote root growth as they grow and stretch to find moisture. Just water them every 3 - 4 or so days, just depending on your conditions and how quickly your soil dries out.

So soon as I see them come out of the dirt put the light too them. They are just like 1/2 inch tall and the shell looks like its still on one and the other you can just see the leaves.

keep the light an inch or 2 away that shell will fall off in a day or 2. good luck and happy growin.

Oh, there is light on mine from the moment they are planted..
They might not be out of the soil yet, but it gives them something to grow for.
You should always let the shell pop off itself if you can...
If your REAL careful, you can help that process along.
I've had a few that couldn't pop the shell all the way.

Can I stick them outside this morning my lights arent in yet I'm headed to Nome depot to Get some t-5 lights but that is only light avalible right now is over cast today and around 65 I misunder stood and thought you kept them in the dark until they were up I told yall I didnt know nothing.

I wouldnt put them outdoors. they will be fine while you go to the store.

Since potasium encourges root growth it is good to feed seedling with a very weak solution of Grow Big. I prefer to put directly in the soil instead of foliar feeding it, but to each it's own

Latest posts

Back