Seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonJay

smokin surfer
Reaction score
just got new hydro/aero setup, I know this question has probably been asked before but..!
Which is preferable to germinate, the old fashioned way, between two bits of wet paper towel, or just put the seeds straight into rockwool. If I germinate between soaked towel is there any problems with transplanting to rockwool and how quickly should this be done.
thanks for any help:cool:

to each his own. I use paper towels in a tupperware container in a dark spot.

HMMMMmm,

Well 2Dog is right about each person having their methods and thoughts as to the right way to germ beans.
Myself I use peat/plugs, and they work great for me, and I have used the paper/towel method for a long time.
With the paper towels you must avoid towels that are printed upon, and/or bleached. Honestly can't advise you on the rockwool, but there are a good number of growers here that can guide you.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

I've successfully germed in paper towel, rockwool, hydroton, dirt, and a wet sock in my duffle bag while working in camp so I could plant some beans on the pipeline. All worked equally as well so do whatever you like. The most important thing is to be sure that whatever you use is clean, the water is clean, and that nothing has been contaminated by mold or bacteria as these will quickly kill your babies.

I would put the lights(only two at first) only about an inch above them. They love it. Four may be a bit hot for them until about a week or so old. Once your babies have several sets of leaves,then let them have all the t5's you've got. Just watch them very closely as not to burn them. Keeping the lights within an inch or two will aide stretching.. Let em grow and keep em green! Cheers Mate!
;)

Latest posts

Back