Seeds That Shouldn't Be Where They Are

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldgeezer

Reaction score
Have made many mistakes and with the help of this group of people I have been able to be semi succerssful in my growing project. I am sure that this problem is not new to many growers and with research I could find the answer to the problem that i now have. In a recent harvest of White Widow I have found a few seeds in the cured product. I have not seen any sign of any male sign in any of my plants and am growing only from female and cloning. When I first started from seed, about one and a half years ago, I did have some male plants present. SEEDS don't belong what would you suggest. the area is small 4 x 4 ft with plenty of light and temp controlled to max of 80 degrees. H E L P

It is possible there was some stray male pollen (very unlikey). More than likely, one of your plants shot out a herm part somewhere and was missed. I would spray down entire area with water to kill any possible remaining pollen and discontinue that pheno or plant that seeded. JMO

-Missa

Yeah it is possible if you are pulling in unfiltered air from outside that some pollen from other plants got in. What is more likely though is that you had a herm trait come to the surface of the plant's genetics. You probably had a few "nanners" to pop up deep in the buds where you couldn't see them and they were just enough to cause a few seeds.

Its no big deal as long as it doesn't get worse. Chances are that you did something to cause the nanners to pop, either an intrusion of light during the dark period, or maybe you ran them a bit longer than before and that was enough to cause the nanners. There are some plants (especially femmed plants) that are subject to late term preharvest nanners that show up if you allow the plants to go too long before harvesting. But a couple seeds in a harvest I wouldn't worry about occuring :)

Latest posts

Back