seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENNY

Reaction score
can some please tell me about feminized seeds i know what femimized means but i dont understand what the chances are of male plants growing from these seeds. i would like to think that for the price i have paid for feminized seeds i wouldnt have to worry about males growing out of these seeds. all of my seeds i have got from nirvana.:hubba:

If purchased from a reputable breeder your chances of females are above 99% IMO....now if you stress the hell out of them you cld be in store for a visit from the dreaded Hermie Fairy...but that is true of non fem beans as well...stress is your enemy

gotta auto question to add to ya inquiry thead of fem beans, if ya dont mind, benny.
if it angers you in any way, you can call my complaint line at 1800..... JP :rofl:
but, how sensitive are autos fems to traditional stresses brought on by average growing techniques etc compared to regular fem beans ?

zipflip said:
gotta auto question to add to ya inquiry thead of autos, if ya dont mind, benny.
if it angers you in any way, you can call my complaint line at 1800..... JP :rofl:
but, how sensitive are autos to traditional stresses brought on by average growing techniques etc compared to regular non fem beans ?

zip I wld think there wld be the same if not less chance for stress to cause a problem as in Hermies...the fact that an autos lifespan is very short wld gve less time for stress to cause problems...not only that but one of the biggest things that seems to get blamed for nearly every hermie...light schedule/light leaks...do not apply to autos...autos flower regardless of light schedules...another plus is you don't traditionally need to lst autos...they tend to stay small so unless it's a micro grow it's not needed...

:doh: i mis typed my question LOL.
i meant auto fem beans vs regular fem beans.
but either way the concept you explained pretty much answered my question :aok:
thanks

BENNY said:
can some please tell me about feminized seeds i know what femimized means but i dont understand what the chances are of male plants growing from these seeds. i would like to think that for the price i have paid for feminized seeds i wouldnt have to worry about males growing out of these seeds. all of my seeds i have got from nirvana.:hubba:

"IMHO" don't waste your cash on femminised seeds. The money is better used on environmental improvements or nutrients.
Order your regular old beans, find you a favorite female and clone her virtually 'forever'.

Fem seeds are great for trying lots of strains at the same time. You can buy just one or two seeds of each; without worrying about them coming up male. Economical.

leafminer said:
Fem seeds are great for trying lots of strains at the same time. You can buy just one or two seeds of each; without worrying about them coming up male. Economical.

makes a good point! ;)

Hamster Lewis said:
If purchased from a reputable breeder your chances of females are above 99% IMO....

Are the odds really that good? Not trying to be arugementive, cuz I don't know nuttin' about the topic. But I'm thinking it might be time to branch out from bagseed, and have been trying to decide on fem or regular beans from Nirvana.

wmmeyer said:
Are the odds really that good? Not trying to be arugementive, cuz I don't know nuttin' about the topic. But I'm thinking it might be time to branch out from bagseed, and have been trying to decide on fem or regular beans from Nirvana.

I think if you polled everyone using fem beans from a reputable breeder you wld not find many people who did not get females...I know all my fem beans hve been just that female with no problems..I had one suspect fem bean from some company I never heard of that was a male but that cld hve been as simple as them sending me a regular bean as a freebie instead of an actual fem bean...

Even my own, amateur, fem seed was pretty near 100% fem. (Made from a feral Oaxaca's pollen and a female Aurora Indica)

Hamster Lewis said:
I think if you polled everyone using fem beans from a reputable breeder you wld not find many people who did not get females...I know all my fem beans hve been just that female with no problems..I had one suspect fem bean from some company I never heard of that was a male but that cld hve been as simple as them sending me a regular bean as a freebie instead of an actual fem bean...

Even my own, amateur, fem seed was pretty near 100% fem. (Made from a feral Oaxaca's pollen and a female Aurora Indica)

That's amazinly good news. Thanx for that. I've never really paid much attention in the past, cuz I didn't feel like I was ready to spend money on seeds, until I was sure I wasn't gonna kill them. After pulling down two good bagseed harvests, I think I'm ready to move on to something better.

Now the simple question remains: what strain? :) :) :)

wmmeyer said:
Now the simple question remains: what strain? :) :) :)

Every time I think I hve answered this question for myself I see another strain that interests me....:) Today it was White Castle...lol

Hmm, i keep seeing so many things that i thought i had down but then someone post's a curve ball that tosses it out the window.

Hampster Lewis Wrote:
one of the biggest things that seems to get blamed for nearly every hermie...light schedule/light leaks...do not apply to autos...autos flower regardless of light schedules

So, is this correct that autos are not effected by leaking light? even if running 18/6 or 20/4? I plan on keeping it dark but you never know and if this is the case i would think that this is a big plus with autos. I'm not doubting you HL, cause i know you grow autos but just confirming i am reading reading this correctly?

jackson1 said:
Hmm, i keep seeing so many things that i thought i had down but then someone post's a curve ball that tosses it out the window.

Hampster Lewis Wrote:

So, is this correct that autos are not effected by leaking light? even if running 18/6 or 20/4? I plan on keeping it dark but you never know and if this is the case i would think that this is a big plus with autos. I'm not doubting you HL, cause i know you grow autos but just confirming i am reading reading this correctly?

Yes autos are not affected by light leaks... if you like you can leave the light on 24/0...how much light they get affects the yield...20/4 is supposedly the best light schedule for them...my autos sit in my veg tent under anywhere from 18/6 to 24/0 depending on the age of the vegging plants in the tent...

hmmmm, well I usually get 70 -80% fems from regular seeds, it's not hard to do, and alot cheaper, don't have to worry so much about hermi genetics, Because that is how femenized seeds are made, and if I decide to, I can keep a male for pollen, and make more beans....but then this was not your question, so yeah, fem seeds are pretty reliable IF you like messing around with hermi genetics, if your a rookie grower, you will definately increase your chances of getting a herm from any stress that your plant is put under.

I should try to end a sentence once in awhile instead of adding comma's...lol

Latest posts

Back