Seeds.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

that_girl

Reaction score
Just when I thought i made all the mistakes possible, i do something really retarded that sets me back....:stuff-1125699181_i_

there were some hermies in the past grow, prob from the light leak... i was in such a hurry to switch the vegging plants into the flower room, that i forgot to clean the AC and the fan... i'm not even sure how u clean the room to get rid of whatever pollen could've been stuck in any possible little crack of the wall or equipment...
... the plants I have now r in the beginning of the fourth week of flower... i just noticed there r some seeds forming on the bottom flowers... and a couple plants are seeded from top to bottom...
if i pick out the flowers that look seeded, will it do the trick? heard that u can't really mess with the plant much when it's in flower, so it doesn't hermie from stress.....

don't mess with it now IMO
i suggest to just pick em out once it's hung and dry, if you plan to continue.

hate to say it, but "seeded top to bottom" makes me suspect you may have another sexually confused girl though.

Thank you, Kaotic..."top to bottom" -i might've exaggerated a bit.. i will take a better look when lights r on... what should i do to avoid this problem in the future? possible pollination.. possible hermie... there wasn't really any stress(besides mine, from my ex trying to claim custody of MY plants).. or light leaks... does cleaning ACs, fans etc. with bleach works?

A good misting with plain water will kill all pollen.

Can you post a pics of plants? IMO pollen don't stay viable for long or in the grow area long. The constant air being exhausted pulls the pollen out of the area

here they are...

photo 1.JPG

photo 1(2).JPG

photo 3.jpg

yeah just looks like normal budding growth to me, maybe pinch a seed out and take a pic of that, but from what i see it just looks like its growing normaly and the calix's are swelling up a bit...

I have seen several times where calyxes will swell and appear to have seeds growing in them, and then nothing. I think its just something that they do sometimes. The only thing you can really do is ride it out to see what happens. I always use Clorox wipes to clean my tents periodically so that I kill any fungus or pathogens that may have attached to the inside of the tents. For the ac, I would spray hydrogen peroxide or alcohol from a spray bottle into the intake while its running to clean the coils then spray into the fan box where the air blows out while its off. That should kill any pollen or pathogens that may have accumulated there. :)

thank u all for the kind words... but they do look like seeds... not sure what to do with the plants.. they r in week 4 of flower.. and looks like the seeds r the only ones that r growing... also some leaves started to turn yellow..

i have a bunch of new clones on the way that will b rooted in two weeks... will definitely pay more attention to cleaning (and prophylactically treating for bugs, and making sure there is no light leaks this time...) it's not a tent .. its a small room with a bunch of shelves on the walls... so wiping things down might not b easy... but.. who wants easy! right? :)

photo(2).JPG

Here's what I would

1) set plants out
2) mix up 1 cup+ bleach, 3 tbs Dawn and 1 gal water
3) Spray the ENTIRE room down
4) Let Dry
While the room is drying that's right no :joint: time
5) Take plants to shower and give a light rain like shower
6) Shake lightly til water drops stop
7) With plan water rinse the room down
8) Place plants back in room
9) set oscillating fan on high til plants dry
10) check plants every other day til harvest
11) if "male" flowers/ nanners are seen spray with water before removing the flower
12)Clean the room completely after harvest before placing new plants in area

Green Mojo to help you grow

be sure to keep your ventilation running when using bleach in a closed area

thanks Ozzy... but i don't c any nanners... just a lot of very pregnant girls.. u think it might've been the pollen from the nanners in the previous grow..?

The cleaning is the most important thing. The pollen could still be in the area but IMO it's unlikely, the constant pull of air from the area should have removed the air born pollen long ago. In the dust of the room is the only place the pollen can be laying if there is pollen in the room

Ozzy, but i have that fancy filter that is covered with some sort of wooley material... does the polen still goes through it ? or should i clean it somehow as well? the room is not really that dusty... i cleaned the trays really well after the last grow..
i'm hoping that may be at least some buds wouldn't have seeds....

Filter on the intake or a carbon filter?

IMO honest opinion you have 1 plant throwing nanners tight in the forming bud that is putting the pollen in the air.

I'm very sceptical that pollen from a previous grow is the cause of seeds during your current grow.
Some hermaphrodite plants are very good at hiding male flowers.
If you are to continue flowering your current crop, I'd urge you to perform a thorough search of all of your plants to find the culprit(s)

Carbon filter are for exhaust they dont filter the air coming into the room But I just do not think the pollen is coming from any where but your plants

I had a nanner once that I didn't find until I harvest him/her. They were not visible outside the plant. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back