Seeds.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Rosebud... luck is what i will need with my next grow... this one looks horrible...now the leaves r turning yellow.. week 5 is only starting on Mon...

i'll look around for nanners... but plants r weaved through the net.. not much looking can i do... thanks all... better luck next time... i hope...

week 5 of flowering give a feeding of veg nutes then go back to your regular flowering little boost of N to get then thru the next 3 or 4 weeks

thanks Ozzy! for the whole week, or just one time?

just one feeding if in soil and for the week if in a hydro set up

thanks Ozzy! u sure r up early on Sun morning :)
I'm growing in coco+perilite , it's not hydro, but not really soil...

it's 11:45 here I've been up sinsi 7. :p

one good feeding and the vegging nute should help them thru til harvest

thanks.. :)
wow, ur soil mixes is sure something i got lost in for a while... i can't wait till i have the "easy" stuff figured out so i can experiment more with organic...

ooooook.... i almost don't want to admit to what kind of dumb thing i've done.... but i know u guys(and gals) not gonna judge, right? ;) so turns out this whole time the carbon filter with my fancy vortex fan were off.. have no idea how i've missed that... now i don't think that caused the plants to get seeded.... but i'm sure that accounts for the yellow leaves and the pitiful looking plants.. anyways... fingers crossed for the better luck next time...and i really hope i get to move from the 'Sick plants and Problems' section in the very near future

that_girl said:
thanks Ozzy! u sure r up early on Sun morning :)
I'm growing in coco+perilite , it's not hydro, but not really soil...

Growing in coco+perlite is hydro

oh:fly:..good to know..i always thought hydro is when they r in those cubes and r being flooded several times a day... so does that mean i can't over water them?

"Growing in coco+perlite is hydro"
That isn't necessarily hydro, it can be just soilless. It depends on the way the watering system, if any, is set up. You can over water in any application. The key to not over watering is knowing and understanding your setup and then aeration of your water/solution. "i always thought hydro is when they r in those cubes and r being flooded several times a day" This is one type of hydro.

That Girl: if you have your plants in coco with no watering system, then you are considered soilless, and you would treat the setup just a little different than hydro, which would be if you any kind of constant watering system connected to a soilless mix. You could literally take plants in soilless that are in pots and set them inside of something to catch the water and drain it away from the medium and then have a reservoir that is connected to the pots so that it waters them periodically, and you would have a hydro setup. If you just let the water run down a drain or out into the yard even, that would be a hydro, drain-to-waste. If you take that same setup and capture the water that drains out of the plants and returns it to the reservoir, you would have a hydro, recirculation setup.

With you being in all coco/pearlite, I would be willing to bet that you are having PH issues combined with cal/mag deficiency. And it is possible that the PH is being pulled down by the coco to the point that it has been squeezing the nitrogen from getting to the plant in the amounts needed.

The ventilation not being on will certainly have a serious effect on them. :)

that_girl said:
oh:fly:..good to know..i always thought hydro is when they r in those cubes and r being flooded several times a day... so does that mean i can't over water them?

Hydroponics is growing plants in an inert medium.
Hand watering an inert growth medium is often referred to as "passive hydroponics".
While it is very difficult to overwater coco or coco/perlite mix's I wouldn't recommend trying to.
Are you pH'n your nutrients to between 5.5 / 5.8 pH ?

Basement, what about when drain to waste? still 5.8?

Hushpuppy, hi!:fly::fly::fly:
it is soilless, drain-to-waste.. just trying to get the easy stuff figured out first without spending the whole time in the Sick plant and Problems section :fid::fid::fid:

i add Magical (CalMag) with every feeding 5ml/gal, i thought that would take care of CalMag issue

The cal/mag should be good at 5ml per gal. I have never done the soilless setup but I have heard mixed reviews about where to set the PH. I have heard 6.0-6.3, and I have heard run it the same as hydro(5.8 ideal). I have found with my hydro that the plants do much better when the PH drifts back and forth from 6.1 to 5.4 continually. With the coco and the 3part nutes I use, I set it initially at 6.0-6.2 and then over a period of a few days, it drifts down, as the plants use what they need, then when it gets to about 5.4 I reset it back to 6.1 again.

Others using different medium and/or different nutes have PH drift in reverse. I would set my next feed/water solution at 6.0 and then let it run through. Then collect it and check the PH to see what it is. Then if you don't feed every time, do the same process with just water to see what PH the runoff is (and record all of these). It may be that the coco is pulling the PH one direction or another and is causing a PH issue.

Also, if you don't aerate your water/feed solution, you need to do so every time. :)

i actually do, while i'm mixing nutes , i have a lil aquarium air pump pushing the air through..(it helps to mix the nutes too)
i'll see what is the pH of the run of..
i'm still wondering what caused them to get seeded? i don't see any nanners(unless they really hiding)
not even sure what to do with the plants at this time.. i know nothing good will come out of the plants with seeds, but also kind of feel bad just killing them...

Grow them out A few seed won't hurt the buzz produced by the plant that much. Don't get so discouraged we all have set back even some of us with yrs under our belt.

Latest posts

Back