Seedz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedonofchronic

Soil grower
Reaction score
got another seed question thanks for help with the last.
i germed 5 seeds but only 2 of them so far have cracked with a tail.
3 arnt doing anything. should i just keep trying and if it doesnt work,
should i drop them in luke warm water? or anything else i can do to try and help it crack? or if they dont crack are they just, not usable..
thank you

I get that sometimes and found sometime when they dont germ in a paper towel I just throw them in the dirt and they sometimes pop. but nothing is guaranteed so i would keep trying dont quit on the little guys or girls.

i had a friend who heard to rub lightly with sand paper
after waiting a week he took the seed out and tried it,put it back in same hole 3 days later he had a lil sprout

thanks guys. i heard seeds can take up to a month to germ so.
ill always still with my babies.

hahah and not saying what you said is even close to wrong THOR but, i think id be to scared to take sand paper to my little seeds lol.

ill just give it time for now.

Its important to keep them in a warm and dark place. And make sure your paper towel is in like a feezer bag so it stays damp. I actually read on here the other day that if u put them in like a slightly diluted tea that might help. IDK tho never tried it myself

i've always used distilled water in a cup, dropped the seeds in. I have had one seed not germ out of maybe 30 or 40 since I started. Its nice too cause it usually only takes between 24 and 48 hours and they're ready to plant. If you can just leave the seed in water and if it is not a dead seed it will eventually start. I think the longest it has ever taken for me is probably about 4 or 5 days.

good luck bro.

i have never get it to work in just water never i dunno maybe because im using a shot glass if i use the papter towell i get about 95% i use little hot hands i dunno udeed to go huntin with 12 hours of heat haha like a freakin incubator for them :D

Wow. I would think after 2 to 3 weeks that you maybe oughta luck.
The paper towel method is great, though I normally just drop them into the dirt and let them do their thing. I've never soaked in water, just fem solution. That did make them pop rather quick. 72 hours to get all...
I'd give them a week in the paper towel and then I think I'd just drop them in the dirt.
i had a friend who heard to rub lightly with sand paper
after waiting a week he took the seed out and tried it,put it back in same hole 3 days later he had a lil sprout
This is absolutely true. Sometimes that little tap root just can't quite pop the case. Rubbing with sand paper very lightly weakens the seed wall making it much easier to breech. With all that said, I sure as hell haven't done that.:D

Latest posts

Back