seeing spots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Emuman,
I'll admit that I never have had to deal with spider mites, but let's just say I am in the business of killing organisms, microbes and other animals through use of chemical agents.

If it were me, I would continue with the neem and don't go mixing stuff.

:)
Gb

GeezerBudd said:
Emuman,
I'll admit that I never have had to deal with spider mites, but let's just say I am in the business of killing organisms, microbes and other animals through use of chemical agents.

If it were me, I would continue with the neem and don't go mixing stuff.

Gb

I am sorry, but that is not good advise. Spider mites develop tolerance to products very quickly. If you do not change products every 3 applications or so, they will develop a tolerance to that product and you will never get rid of them.

i did have 2 encounters with spider mites, 1st time was in mid flowring or so when i noticed them i didnt have any means to deal with them so i just didnt mess with them kept them munching by the end they gotten like 3 buds next to each other, the second time was even later in flowering and i also kept them and they only destroyed one bud. every time i finished flowering i sprayed my room with commercial spray pesticides stuff like raid :p would anyone advise me not to do so? i never saw a reason why not use it when there are no flowers whatsoever around i thought it's intended for house use.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I am sorry, but that is not good advise. Spider mites develop tolerance to products very quickly. If you do not change products every 3 applications or so, they will develop a tolerance to that product and you will never get rid of them.

THG,
I was counting on three treatments-(The way emu quoted his directions-was what it sounded like)If that did'nt kill them then the insecticide.
Just want to give the neem a chance to work is all.
And not mix things together.
Please excuse me.
:eek:

Gb

I got a friend that had some bugs on his outdoor plants yrs ago...this was back when we were both HEAVY drinkers...drunk daily (by the way I've been sober for a few yrs now, and this buddy is dead) He decided to spray his plants with mosquito spray, that he had in his cargo pocket Off or something like that...the next day everyone of his plants were brown and crispy...lol

Just to reinforce what CMD and THG said about spraying whatever you have laying around the shed. I also looked for malathion in a couple different grow guides, and it was not mentioned in either, and there is a pretty good list of chemicals in these books for use on MJ...that was not one of them...so further reinforcing...lol

GeezerBudd said:
THG,
I was counting on three treatments-(The way emu quoted his directions-was what it sounded like)If that did'nt kill them then the insecticide.
Just want to give the neem a chance to work is all.
And not mix things together.
Please excuse me.
:eek:

Gb
I understood what you meant, its like this, If I sprayed other stuff before the neem treatment was finished, and all the mites died I wouldnt know for sure which "stuff" worked, and I assume THG meant that if the initial neem treatment was unsuccessful, only then to use a different product

to clear up the other "stuff" it is a product from bonide called fruit tree spray, it says its for spider mites among other things, I use it on my apple, cherry, and peach trees and on my strawberries in the summer

1.pdf[/url]

zem said:
i did have 2 encounters with spider mites, 1st time was in mid flowring or so when i noticed them i didnt have any means to deal with them so i just didnt mess with them kept them munching by the end they gotten like 3 buds next to each other, the second time was even later in flowering and i also kept them and they only destroyed one bud. every time i finished flowering i sprayed my room with commercial spray pesticides stuff like raid :p would anyone advise me not to do so? i never saw a reason why not use it when there are no flowers whatsoever around i thought it's intended for house use.
ok silly question, how did you get the bugs off the weed, or did you just smoke them too? I mean it is just protein right?

no i threw the infested buds, if you get just a little piece of infested bud in your smoke you will notice it becuz it tastes so bad

I had a mite infestation for a bit. I didnt notice untill it was bad also, but my flowering was only about 4-5 weeks in and I hit'em with neem oil paying special attention to the undersides, 2 teatments a week apart ( I really soaked them) and saved my stuff. but then to my horror I went to my clone closet and my babies were fulla spots, infested!. they were good and rooted, so I dipped them completely under a neem solution in a 5 gallon bucket and then did the same to my otheres in veg. (that was a pain). and then continued with weekly regiment of spraying. I dont think I have eradicated them, because I havent hosed my rooms. but I dont seem to have the problem any more(knock on wood). hope this might help some :)

Tact said:
You don't inhale protein!

well.. I know...its just like when your finished eating Chinese food and you find an insect leg on your plate, and your wondering where the rest of it is, you think "oh well its just extra protein" I guess my question was more like, will smoking a few mites here and there hurt me?

also I would really like to thank everyone who added their 2 cents,
its good to know that there are people who truly share the passion, and are willing to share their knowledge

My guess is that any of us that have smoked commercial weed have smoked mites at one time or another.

I was breaking up a bud once yrs ago, and found an inch worm in it...lol

I'll paraphrase HippyInEngland again:

"you've smoked much worse and not even known it"

emuman said:
I understood what you meant, its like this, If I sprayed other stuff before the neem treatment was finished, and all the mites died I wouldnt know for sure which "stuff" worked, and I assume THG meant that if the initial neem treatment was unsuccessful, only then to use a different product

to clear up the other "stuff" it is a product from bonide called fruit tree spray, it says its for spider mites among other things, I use it on my apple, cherry, and peach trees and on my strawberries in the summer

hxxp://www.bonideproducts.com/lbonide/backlabels/l201.pdf

It's all good bro. :aok:
I was just emphasizing giving the neem a chance. I'll look at that link.
Gb

in addition , dont spray the whole plant at first , spray a small portion of the plant to see if it has any ill effect on it .

Latest posts

Back