Seeking advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spalala

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Seeking for some advice since my research didn't really help.
IMG_20210531_132707.jpg

I noticed some yellowing in the leaves last two weeks. Thought it could be some deficiency so I added some nutrients in their food (Revive by Adv Nutrients). It seems it is getting worse, leaves are browning and getting brittle.
IMG_20210531_132747.jpg
There are some whiteflies around, but not too bad. it is not an infestation.
Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

PH? Calcium? May need cal mag, if PH is off it may be there but locked out. IIRC calcium needs over 6.3 or so to be available. Is soil draining well? what is it? ( the soil )

Bubba

Hey Bubba, thanks for taking the time.

I have the impression that the nutrients contain cal mag, but maybe I am wrong, I'll check in the morning.

The drainage is good. If it is root rot it can't be from the watering.

Didn't think of the PH. Two out of three plants are showing the same symptoms, but the third one is a different strain. Maybe it is more tolerable? I should find a way to check anyway.

Again, much appreciated!

Ahhh, I read your msg late night, didn't read it right. I'll check the PH as you suggested. If the minerals are there but locked out, it would explain it.
As for the soil is a freshly bought flower soil, no coco or anything more specialized.
Thanks

'flower soil'. Hmm. If you are buying 'soil' do a soil test. Use a graduated cylinder. Fill it half full with soil, add water to the top graduation, shake really well until mixed. Leave to settle for a week. Examine the layers. Pure organic and undecayed material will be at the top. Medium grade lower. Clays and sand will settle into distinct layers. You can estimate how much of this and that.
'Soil' bought for flowers is, often, not really soil and contains lots of barely-decayed ground-up wood. This makes for an acidic, nutrient-poor, growing medium. So do a soil test and check the pH. Instead of buying 'soil' make your own mix using peat, black soil, humous, and Perlite. Most nurseries stock these.

Hi guys.

Seeking for some advice since my research didn't really help.
View attachment 273589
I noticed some yellowing in the leaves last two weeks. Thought it could be some deficiency so I added some nutrients in their food (Revive by Adv Nutrients). It seems it is getting worse, leaves are browning and getting brittle.
View attachment 273588There are some whiteflies around, but not too bad. it is not an infestation.
Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks
So... I'm just a private backyard (legal) grower, so I'm not attuned to adjusting pH, and adding/subtracting chemicals. So here's what I'd suggest:

1. Get rid of the whiteflies. Don't tolerate any parasites. Do it early.

2. Go to a local store and buy a few bags of clean topsoil. Transplant the cannabis. Getting bags of soil might end up being cheaper and more productive than getting chemicals for this and that. After all, they're weeds.

3. After you see some nice growth from the new soil, pick up Dakine 420 plant food (online) and follow the instructions. Do NOT overfeed.

Attached photos are of the strain "Memory Loss". I have two other strains growing, and all of them are strong and healthy. Photo resolution seems to have suffered in the uploading, but the growing tips are populated by early trichomes. These plants are always outdoors and were purchased in late-mid April as clones. Good luck. BTW, visit and examine your plants every day. They'll reward you at harvest time.
IMG_2165.jpeg
IMG_2164.jpeg
IMG_2163.jpeg

A yellow piece of cardboard with petroleum jelly smeared on both sides placed close to your plant will help trap White Flies and Gnats. I actually have used that method in my Veggie garden too. I like using Yellow Fly Swatters i can stick the handle in the ground. Plus the holes in the fly swatter feel up with the Petroleum jelly and it is also easy to clean when your done with them.

Sounds like a good plan. Preventing them from multiplying should be the objective. I get protective with my plants, don’t want them to get “distracted” with defending against parasites. Just grow and flower, kids.

If your not to far into flower you can also blast them and their eggs off the underside of the leaves with a water hose. I always use the flat spray. You would want to spray upwards from the bottom of the plant because they are under the leaves. I do this with my Tomato plants every other day to make sure i keep White Flies at bay. Ive seen a lot of the little bastards this year in my Roses and grass. But the yellow card or fly swatter will trap quit a few.

Latest posts

Back