selective pollenation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brushybill

Reaction score
if i just want to pollenate only one bud, how can i keep pollen from blowing around when my fan is turned on. any tricks?
icon5.gif

Yo Ho brushybill,
Great question, and the answer is easier than you might think. I am imagining that you have either some pollen, or you have a male plant to make this project work. OK, so here we go.
1. Get your hands on a paper bag used for bottles of wine as that will work the best. Any liquer store will most likely carry them and will certainly surrender a couple of the bags to you.
2. Gently place this bag over a branch of the male plant that you want to get your pollen from. Gently tie closed the open end of the bag around the stalk of the plant.
3. Give the bag a couple of whacks to shake loose the pollen, then allow the proverbial dust to settle inside the bag.
4. Take the bag now to your female and place the open end around the branch that you wish to pollinate- carefully as you can imagine or you risk blowing the pollen dust into the air, and you will pollenate the entire plant.
5. allow the bag a couple of gentle whacks again, but not hard enough to knock air out of the bag.
6. after about 20 minutes to a good half an hour, spray mist you baby real good, and get the bag wet.
7. Carefully remove the bag and dispose of it.
8. quickly spray mist the branch that you pollinated.
9. The spray misting holds down the pollen and also does a good job of killing it, but in that half an hour your lady already got knocked up so to speak.
10. The key work here is to simply transfer some pollen via the paper bag, remembering to close the opening of the bag once the bag is in place, gentle tapping on the bag to loosen up the pollin, and get it into the bag, then the transfer, same way, and then to neutralize the pollen after around a half an hour with some good spray misting. Go slow and easy friend.

Good Luck and good growing

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

thanks king kahuna, that really helps, i am starting some northernberry and plan to grow them from start to finish, without taking clones, this will allow me to start again with more confidence on my next grow without having to fork out for more seeds.
thanks again

Your more than welcome,
All I ask if I have been of help, is that you remember how to do this and help the next grower out ya know, We share with one another, and show this mind numbing world that we are above all the petty crapola, and are here for each other right ? RIGHT !!!

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

absolutely,there is an incredible amount of knowledgable and resourcefull people on this site.
who says weed makes you stupid?

Latest posts

Back