Server

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D3

Stoned Senior Member
Reaction score
Dont you guys think MP needs to fix the server problem?

We have a server problem?

When did all this start?

How come I've not seen it?

Is 'server problem' some kind of code for something that I have been left out of?

I'm hurt, I now feel left out.

I want some server problem, its not fair that its hidden from me.

I'm now going to search the net for the next few hours trying to find out what this 'server problem' secret is.

:peace:

Server too busy problem.

A good place to start would be your log files. See which pages (files) are being visited the most, since these are the files that would probably contain any code that needs tweaking. If your server is too busy, you can check these things to see where the problems may lie:

1. The software you use to display content - PHP, HTML, mySQL...
(The software may be taking too long to process the huge number of requests your web server is receiving. Check their configuration, and also make sure you don't have other processes running that are wasting memory and cpu usage)

2. Or you could have everything working just fine, but but may need to upgrade your servers. Dedicated is always a good way to go. Beyond that, I think you would need to do some DNS redirecting in your server to redirect traffic to other servers you own..

hope that helps

I understand getting sick of the question. I was just woundering. I consider you guys "MY FRIENDS", all working towards the same goal. Didn't mean to cause any crap.

It all seems to be working good, now.

Everything seems to be running fast. You don't really have to do anything for now.. Just keep that in mind for when traffic goes out the window. Don't you have access to your server logs?

I've never used vBulletin before, but by glancing over their website it looks like you can separate the database server from the web server. -

vbulletin.com/features.php

That should be a quick fix. The downside is you have to pay for the new server. Actually, I did notice your server message saying "Server is too busy..." or something like that. It sounds like the CPU on your current server is handling too much. I would separate the DB from the web server by backing up the entire database on another server, and editing your "config.php" to point to that database. (i think its that file. It should be the file where you specify the mySQL database connection url)

Latest posts

Back