Setting fan power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluealein56

Misderected Hostilty
Reaction score
I know I have read about this somewhere before, but Im looking for a piece of a equipment or system to control my inline fan. I have a 6 inch can fan that i want to go ahead and put a regulator on it cause its already too big for the space im using it in.
I also want to make it to where the fan runs at a lower speed when the lights are off. What is the name of the piece of hardware i need to accomplish this goal. Any helps is greatly appreciated.

Fan Controller? Kind of hard to tell what yo are actually describing. Actually, I am thinking you are asking two different things so imma gonna link you to what i think you are wanting or at least one of the two.

Fan Controller:
hxxp://www.growlightexpress.com/fans-blowers-ducting-87/fan-accessories-93/the-speedster-variable-fan-speed-controller-526.html

Fixed Cycle Timer:
hxxp://www.growlightexpress.com/environmental-controllers-6/titan-apollo-3-fixed-cycle-timer-993.html

Hey man...

I just bought a new fan controller... It's a bit more sophisticated than the Speedster which I also own. It's made by Grozone and the model is a TV-2... it's a thermostatically controlled fan speed controller that has an 'idle' speed setting and a mode that keeps the fan running at your preset idle speed when temps fall below a preset temp threshold...;) I've only had mine for about a week but it's working great. I don't have to get up every morning at 8am when my lights go out to dial back the ventilation w-h-o-o-o-s-h noise for the day and I dont have rush home at 8pm to crank it back up when the lights come on either... yay! :D

Here's a link to post with recent discussion & more info and links on the unit... a well spent $109!:rolleyes:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52639

Peace!:cool:

Thanks Dirty. this is is exactlly what I was looking for. I actually saw you mention something about this in another post which is what really got me thinking about getting on again, just couldn't remember what it was that i needed to get the job done.
thanks always

Latest posts

Back