Sex Ed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy James

Reaction score
I need to brush up on all things Sex Ed. Where is the info ?
How to identify in Veg ?
Really want to get this right.:vap-Bong_smoker:

There is not much to it. Plants will generally show preflowers while still in veg, but not always. Sometimes you need to flip to 12/12 before they show. Females have 2 white hairs, males have little football shaped things.

There is not much to it. Plants will generally show preflowers while still in veg, but not always. Sometimes you need to flip to 12/12 before they show. Females have 2 white hairs, males have little football shaped things.

THG ==
Please confirm or correct my assumptions.
1) Males will not throw pollen while in Veg. ?
2) Males will not throw pollen 1st 2 weeks of 12/12 ?
3) Males will be obvious within 1st 2 weeks of 12/12 ?

P.S -- I will be planting some Satori soon. I can not find a Satori grow journal ? :vap-Bong_smoker:

THG has grown it, Rosebud I believe has grown it, quite a few peeps have grown it here. Just post a thread asking about Satori help.

Greenest of mojo for your endeavors.

So to answer you ?'s:

1: No they will not flower while in veg. (then again if they're ruderalis or bred with ruderalis or what they call "auto" it will bloom under any light regimen)

2: They may develop faster then that but yes, generally they are quicker to show then females.

3: Yes, the females will be starting to throw pistils (long white puffs of hair-like growths) while the males develop two lil banana lookin clusters (at first 1-2 at a time clustered together ).

p.s. and if you get a combo of both sexes then that's what's called a hermaphrodite and needs to be binned asap as to not impregnate your viable females.

View attachment mxf canna.jpg

THG ==
Please confirm or correct my assumptions.
1) Males will not throw pollen while in Veg. ?
2) Males will not throw pollen 1st 2 weeks of 12/12 ?
3) Males will be obvious within 1st 2 weeks of 12/12 ?

P.S -- I will be planting some Satori soon. I can not find a Satori grow journal ? :vap-Bong_smoker:

Males will not throw pollen in veg unless they are autos,.
Exatly how long it takes plants to show sex and drop pollen...well that can vary. I don't think that there are any hard and fast rules. It is always a good idea to check plants every other day or so when you put unsexed plants in 12/12.

Male Auto is the same as any plant, when a plant goes into flower, it will drop, if a normal plant is in veg, it is in veg, male plants veg, females veg, when sex shows, males will whack off quickly to get the young ripe females.

:peace:

satori's can be slow to sex... But worth the wait. 6-8 weeks... I don't usually flip to determine sex, i just wait. Satori is wonderful smoke and a wonderful plant that doesn't like to eat much, loves to drink a lot, and she makes me paint rooms and stuff. Love her.

satori's can be slow to sex... But worth the wait. 6-8 weeks... I don't usually flip to determine sex, i just wait. Satori is wonderful smoke and a wonderful plant that doesn't like to eat much, loves to drink a lot, and she makes me paint rooms and stuff. Love her.

I think I will also wait - sounds like the safe thing to do.:vap-Bong_smoker:
Are there any grow Journals that u know about.
I know u and THG speak very highly of the buzzzzz :vap-leafy_wave:
I was hopping the hamster was going to journal his grow but I never saw one.

Latest posts

Back