She Looks Pretty Sick:S:S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kushman44

Grow Masta
Reaction score
This is one of my plants who seems to have gotten really sick and have checked everything i know of and cant seem to figure it out. Its a dirt grow 35 days into flowering, 6.5L pots, i use hesi bloom as nutes (1200 ppm), ph is at 6.4, light is 1000w hps(about 18 inches from the tops) i was giving them 2tbs per gallon of malasses every third watering but i have stopped. temps are at 80 tops. If u need any other info just ask. this one is the sickest, but they are all starting to get signs of the same thing:S:S anyone know what may be going on?
sry the pic is blury

sick.jpg

I know during flowering it will get a serious case of nitro-def, which is ok and expected. I can't tell if that's nute burn or just a nitrogen deficiency with the blurry pic, but I'm banking on a simple case of lacking nitrogen.
feel free to let me know if you think that's not the case and I'll do a little more research for ya.

I didnt expect the N deficiency at 5 weeks:S its never been that early for me in the past

If it is nute burn, you can flush the soil and let it be for a week or two. it's also a good idea to not add any nutes during this period.

1 week ago i gave them all 4 L's of water too give a small flush then gave them 1 L and a bit of water about 5 days later. and it didnt help them at all.

if the buds look healthy, I would worry too much, I've seen some plant experience N def at different times during flowering, but trust your gut.
You've got a point on light burn, since it seems that the affected areas are concentrated towards the top of the plant. maybe back the lamp off a bit, it doesn't look like it will gain anymore height anyways. Do you have a fan for it?

Ya i have a fan blowing at the light on an angle

might not make a huge difference but face the fan at the plant. If it doesn't cool the plant more efficiently, it will at least strengthen the plant's structure.

I dont want it blowing directly at the plants during this stage tho..

I blow mine thru the plants under the canopy. seems to move the air in the canopy well too.

whats the runoff ph man? what temp water ya feed with? is that nute low in phos?

run off ph i havnt checked recently:X water is room temp(let it sit for 24 hours) nutes are 24% phos

Idk what the problem is with that girl. I'd give her a super flush with ph balanced water asap. What soil are you using? Did you add anything to the soil?

hm i dunno man. I have this same death from time to time and its from ph problems. I have alot of ph probs and they manifest as a different difficiency every once in a while cause of lock out.

isn't 6.4 low for some nutes? might not be but ive seen this exact death pattern several times on this site.

Edit: looks like when i get Mg lockout.

is your soil 40% dolomite baby? (jk, 2tsp)

I seem to wanna think its light burn.. the top leaves are the worst and bottom not affected at all? and the top leaves are all crisping up.

It looks like PH problems to me, causing lockouts. 6.4 is a little low but what goes into the soil is not nearly as important as what comes out. I bet when you check your runoff PH it is below 6.0. if it is that low flush it, and then try to maintain 6.6.

How much Harm is don here mike? Its my first time encountering this. Thanks alot btw.

i agree but it doesn't look like its the very highest parts, it also looks to just be fan leaves, which is a characteristic trait of pH problems.

You say it is going rom top to bottom? did it start halfway then go up or did it start at the very top and go down? the only top down sicknesses i know of are root related ones but the death from that looks different.

Latest posts

Back