she's coming down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is just some stuff I quick dried off my current plant that I am chopping down this week to dry and what not. I'm waiting for a day I can dedicate to the task of trimming. Just putting my ear out for any tips suggestions. Is hang drying better than drying them on a screen? Sushi any trimming tips would be nice. Techniques that you the responder has used themselves. Thanks ahead of time.

View attachment WP_20150914_14_07_30_Pro (2).jpg

I'm still a noob, so I don't want to throw out too much advice. But yes, the hairs will dry up and mostly cling in to the buds.

I dried my little buds (like the ones you've got pictured) on a screen. Larger buds/colas, I hung upside-down by clothespins. Took 5-7 days for everything to dry.

I've heard bad things about fast-dry methods, so I'd recommend being patient and letting your little babes just dry on their own schedule. :)

I do prefer to trim after they've dried - waaay too sticky when they're still wet. And for me it's much easier to separate the leaves after they're dry. But I've got a friend who prefers to trim wet. To each their own.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_257956-1078...f751-7400-4099-85dc-35e337e6fa4f&kpid=3824197
Something like these should do well. My local grow shop had a similar pair that I snatched for about $13 and I love them.

I'm still a noob, so I don't want to throw out too much advice. But yes, the hairs will dry up and mostly cling in to the buds.

I dried my little buds (like the ones you've got pictured) on a screen. Larger buds/colas, I hung upside-down by clothespins. Took 5-7 days for everything to dry.

I've heard bad things about fast-dry methods, so I'd recommend being patient and letting your little babes just dry on their own schedule. :)

I do prefer to trim after they've dried - waaay too sticky when they're still wet. And for me it's much easier to separate the leaves after they're dry. But I've got a friend who prefers to trim wet. To each their own.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_257956-1078...f751-7400-4099-85dc-35e337e6fa4f&kpid=3824197
Something like these should do well. My local grow shop had a similar pair that I snatched for about $13 and I love them.

Def show drying the majority that was one bud I just broke it apart to dry better.

she looks like she could go a bit longer.
as for drying.. i always prefer to hang it. get flat buds on a screen.
i usually hang em on coat hangers, or a string-line. also like to cut em so i can use the stalk and the branch as a nice V hook to hang em from (doesn't always happen though, especially with trained bushy plants ;))
:)

*13 weeks eh? what strain?

I'm with kaotik...I'd let her go until there's more amber. She looks good, but she could look better in a week! Or two.

she looks like she could go a bit longer.
as for drying.. i always prefer to hang it. get flat buds on a screen.
i usually hang em on coat hangers, or a string-line. also like to cut em so i can use the stalk and the branch as a nice V hook to hang em from (doesn't always happen though, especially with trained bushy plants ;))
:)

*13 weeks eh? what strain?

bagseedb must likely a sativa strain it had actually been 13+ weeks. I have another bag seed and a godfather seed sprouted now so I'm just done with this. If anything I'll make some oil, or butter

I cut the plant and trim. I personally find it a lot harder to trim after it is dry. I pull all the larger leaves off the plant while it is still standing and out those in the compost barrel. Then I take a branch, cut it off, and trim all those little sugar leaves and save them in a baggie. If a branch is too long to be manageable, then cut it in two. I trim every bit of leaf material off that I can as leaf material smokes harsh. I hang it if possible. I think that trichs stick to the screen. Sometimes though, you have to use a screen for the little buds. You should be able to trim entire branches and hang pretty much all of your bud, I think.

I am excited for you. You have done an excellent job with very little. I think that when you get the right equipment that you are going to knock it out of the ballpark. I see very great grows in your future!

I cut the plant and trim. I personally find it a lot harder to trim after it is dry. I pull all the larger leaves off the plant while it is still standing and out those in the compost barrel. Then I take a branch, cut it off, and trim all those little sugar leaves and save them in a baggie. If a branch is too long to be manageable, then cut it in two. I trim every bit of leaf material off that I can as leaf material smokes harsh. I hang it if possible. I think that trichs stick to the screen. Sometimes though, you have to use a screen for the little buds. You should be able to trim entire branches and hang pretty much all of your bud, I think.

I am excited for you. You have done an excellent job with very little. I think that when you get the right equipment that you are going to knock it out of the ballpark. I see very great grows in your future!

Thank you so much that means alot so from someone with experience just from the pics you see, think it would be alright to harvest?

I agree with the hemp goddess,trim leaves right up to buds,save cuttings for oil although I use screens. I also cut all of the big leaves before cutting down. Much easier to see crystals when freshly cut

I prefer drying it hanged. This is the slower drying process results in a smoother taste. Removing extra leaf matter before hanging the buds to dry increases the airflow around the buds and decreases the humidity in the room. This will reduce the chance of mold developing while the buds dry.
Tasty baby!

Thanks everyone I have dehumidifier all ready so I'm lucky there, I didn't do it yesterday for I was just waiting on some more answers, I'm of today too so could still be chop day. I appreciate EVERY ONE answers.

Latest posts

Back