Should I Go to Flower Stage Now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piperson

Old Fart, New Start
Reaction score
Hi every1,

This is my 2nd grow. Seeds were White Widow. The germinated seeds sprouts were put in soil, 2 on 3/5/08 and 1 on 3/19/08. So that's about 9 weeks in veg stage with light on 24/7. I'm only using flours for light. 6, 40w cfls and 4, 4ft. 40w tubes. The space is 32"w x 2'd x 4.5'h.

The heights at this time are 20", 17" & 15". I'm thinking that I should start them on 12/12 light cycle, starting at 12 am with light off. And switching to bloom nutes the next time I water. I just watered last night.

What do you think I?

Also, when do you think I should try to do some clones from them. I want to try to grow to harvest 3 to 4 plants about you know every 3 months or so.

Thanks for any help.

IMG_0475.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

Pity you're using CFL because those are potentially great plants. They're gonna get a lot taller too. The CFL's just don't have the strength to penetrate the canopy.

I'd prune them right back. There's your cuttings (unsexed of course), give them a week to recover and then put them in flower.

Just my 2 cents.

To have clones every few months, the best thing to do is keep a mother plant. This would require having a seperate area to your flowering area

They look ready to me,lol. 9 weeks veg is plenty.

After trimming and taking clones, give them a week to recover before flip. And your plants will need grow nutes for the first couple of weeks of flower for the big stretch. After that u can add your bloom nutes.

Thanks for the advise all. I think I'll do some cuttings for clones and wait a week to flower.

I use flours for several reasons. *cost, low heat, and I have to keep it very low key because my wife ain't into it.

PS. I just want to say what a good site this is. Every1 seems so nice and helpful. Thanks again.

Yo Ho Piperson,

Your plants look fantastic, obviously the lights are doing a good job for you, and even looking at the lower sections of your plants I see full growth, lots of leaves and great green in there.

You certainly can grab some clones even now, and then allow a healing period for them to recover. After that you sure can move onto flowering, and I really think that those lights will do you justice. Sure you could get bigger and better, but as the old saying goes, Run with whatcha brung right.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Plants look great. I usually only veg for 3-4 weeks so i would say you are safe to flower them.

KingKahuuna, thanks for your reply. I will def. do that.

Notice the lower part of the closet in the 2nd pic. It has a double circular flour light. I will use this area for clones.

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

Those things are going to be monsters by the end of flower. They will atleast double in size and maybe more. I would say definitly not enough light but thats just my opinion.

throw some more cfl's in their if you can. Put splitters from your local hardware store in the sockets to get two bulbs per socket

i would say go for it becouse they are probably gonna double in size after they flower? if i was you i would flower

wow..nice lush, healthy looking fronds you got there, Pipe...very much agree with Runbyhemp. If you can at all abscond an HPS that would be soooooo beneficial to your plants..probably double your yield...you too will soon discover the double edged sword that are CFL's, they create great plants in veg stage, but don't quite have the power to maintain the plant at that rate in flower, you'll have many, many flowering sites, producing light, whispy buds. I'fn you can't get an HPS..no probs..(you eventually will :) )continue on the way you are and don't be discouraged, either way, you'll have your own home grown smoke, and you'll enjoy it...so yeah..chop, em, clone em, LIGHT dose nut em and rest em for a week,throw some more CFL's at them (if you cant go hps YET ;)) then..flip the switch to 12/12..ASAP....and maybe look into LST for future grows. I see you have limited ceiling height. You are a PERFECT candidate for a LST grow. Nice goin, and Good Luck, and...

Smoke on....

Piperson said:

I use flours for several reasons. *cost, low heat, and I have to keep it very low key because my wife ain't into it.

I hope that you are not saying that your wife does not know about this....it's very bad form to put someone else's freedom in jeoprody without them being aware of it.

That said, you have some wonderful looking plants there. However, you asbsolutely need more light. The fluoros that you are using are not going to give any kind of bud production.

Thanks to every1 for your helpful remarks and guidance.

I will eventually get a light for the flower stage. My 1st grow had some preety good buds, but I guess it could be better from what you're telling me. My wife does know, but she doesn't like it.

Anyway, maybe after this grow I can justify it cause of the $ I'm saving by growing my own bud and not buying it.

Also, a big thanks to Hick. I just read his instructions for cutting and cloning. So, now I'm ready to get going on that.

These pics taken 4-4-08 are of the buds from the last plant.

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

Latest posts

Back