Should I repot these little green beings!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you R! As said, I repotted my girls and they seem to look better. I'm amazed of the roots growth!! I would have liked to get bigger pots but then I thought about the space I have and I couldn't. I honestly wasn't expecting 6 plants out of 7 to turn females. Now they will have to share the space and the light....I want to keep them in veg for longer but I realize that maybe I need to put them to flower. Is it not time to put them to flower when they show their sex?
And actually I want to take some clones from some of them...I will now have to read more about that....

trapianto24JAN07 001.jpg

trapianto24JAN07 002.jpg

trapianto24JAN07 012.jpg

trapianto24JAN07 013.jpg

You go girl! Those look great. If you're limited for space then I would flower them now especially since they showed sex already as they will get almost three times bigger when they start the flowering process. Good luck and 6 out 7 is damn good! :farm: :joint: :48:

Hemp-o Kitty said:
Thank you R! As said, I repotted my girls and they seem to look better. I'm amazed of the roots growth!! I would have liked to get bigger pots but then I thought about the space I have and I couldn't. I honestly wasn't expecting 6 plants out of 7 to turn females. Now they will have to share the space and the light....I want to keep them in veg for longer but I realize that maybe I need to put them to flower. Is it not time to put them to flower when they show their sex?
And actually I want to take some clones from some of them...I will now have to read more about that....

Looks awesome kitty!!! ur a much finer dirt grower then I.

yep .. well done Kitty. I'm gonna have to get myself some flouros. I've been growing with HPS the whole way through and my plants never look that good. Too hot I reckon :)

Did you say you were just growing in soil without any nutrients ? What soil mixture are you using ?

regards Runbyhemp

Hey guys!!! NGT, K and R, thanks very much for your compliments!!!
I'm going to buy a HPS tomorrow or on Monday. I know...I absolutely need to put them to flower!!
Kade!!.... "Looks awesome kitty!!! ur a much finer dirt grower then I."...Kade!! Am I a finer grower than you? I don't think so, but that's a huge compliment for me!!! :eek: Thank you!!
And Runbyhemp....Yeah, no nutrients in my plants. None at all!! I just bought a pack of soil from Westland. I've always used this brand since I put the seeds in the small peat pots but using different kind. Now I repotted them with the same brand of soil called Multi-Purpose compost but with addedd John Innes, which are essential nutrients. The mix I've always used is just with soil and perlite. When I repotted them, I also addedd some vermiculite.

I'm thinking to leave one plant in veg and send all the others to flower, so that I can cut clones whenever I want. My question is: if I leave one plant as mother, will she need to stay under the 16/8 cycle of light for ever?
In order to keep her alive, do I have to be careful that she doesn't flower?

Thank you all for any upcoming answer....

damn they are sweet ur doing a great job. i put a post today on mine cause im not sure when to harvest them cause i never kept track of those ones but ny new ones i have been keeping track of anyways enough of me on ur thrad (sorry) anyways yours are great keep the good work up cant wait to see the up dates latter

I'm serious kitty... I could never farm inside in soil to survive if i had to..

You would be able to survive if you had to, Kade....but I really appreciate the compliment and I'm not going to say no...Yeah, I'm a finer grower than you are! :D Thanks anyway...you don't know but reading from everybody's threads teaches you a lot...and I've learned from yours too.

So kitty did they have a growth spurt after adjusting to their new surroundings?

They did, NGT!!!! There are stra-ultra-super full of new growth and they are filling with preflowers!!!! I'm still trying to find a HPS...but in most places you have to order it....I might start and flowering wiht flos...can I?

PS I put a little bit of nutrients in 2 of my plants to see what would have happened and....the bottom leaves burned!!! Luckily only the bottom leaves... I can't complain because I kind of knew....

30JAN07 004.jpg

30JAN07 005.jpg

30JAN07 006.jpg

30JAN07 009.jpg

very very nice. Will be going with the blue spectrum next time, for sure. Halide of course:)

Hi Kitty, great grow btw.

Something you should know about general soil (mixed or premixed) is that it does contain slow release nutrients which is what your plants have been feeding on. you will need to top your soil up with nutrients as your plants get bigger. i am a hydroponic grower myself but i have heard that fish emulsion is a good nute for soil.

I will keep visiting your post :)

PS why not ask a moderator to chuck this thread into the grow journal thread? it would be a great addition to the rest of the journals :)

Hey kitty you can flower them with floros but go to the soft white or warm white spectrum with a little more red but you can switch to HPS when you get it. You will notice a big difference with the HPS too. I will be adding some pics to my journal "bagseed making a run for it" on thursday.

Hey guys!!!
I'M SORRY TO ALL OF YOU THAT WERE FOLLOWING MY THREAD!!!! I'm actually very sorry :eek: ....but I couldn't answer and I'm happy I can now.

NGT and DKM (well...you DIDN'T know much!! ;) ) thanks very much for asking. That is cute!!!:)
DGT, thanks for the advice. I couldn't post but I read your advice. About the nutrients and the soil, I actually thought my soil had no nutrients at the start but I discovered then, it actually did. So they grew on a soil with nutrients but I love this brand of soil and I think it's has just enough nutrients not to burn them.
F, K, SB thanks all for following and helping and sorry again!! :eek:

Soooooooooooo....the plants got bigger and taller and I didn't have space for all of them, so I gave away 2. I now have 3 plants in flowering under a 400W HPS, 1 in veg and I have 4 clones going on as well. The box was modified to fit the HPS and to divide mom from the other plants in flowering....a big job that I didn't do on my own and anyway I wasn't really happy of doing....I was thinking to give them all away...there was a period that I needed to change something everyday because they all got bigger and taller.

They are doing fine now, as 1st grow, I'm very happy. They are losing all the leaves but the flowers, the buds are doing great. Since last month they are loosing an average of 10 yellow leaves a day. They are concentrating more in growing flowers I think, or something is missing (like a nutrient or something).
Yes, I'm giving them nutrients now..... I have to say though that, since they are in flowering, I gave them nutrients only 4 times. I didn't want to "shock them" in anyway!! :D

I think I have one sativa dominant....I think I mixed the seeds with some that were of another bag and were a mix of Sativa.
You can see from the pictures the difference!! That one caused me the most problems!!! :mad: ...but now it's all ok!! :D

I'm posting some pictures from the 30th of January and 16th of Feb so that you can see anyway how they grew.
I'll post more pictures of March.

Enjoy!! :D

30JAN07preflowers006.jpg

30JAN07preflowers008.jpg

30JAN07preflowers010.jpg

30JAN07preflowers 005.jpg

30JAN07preflowers 009.jpg

FIORI16FEB07 001.jpg

FIORI16FEB07 002.jpg

FIORI16FEB07 003.jpg

FIORI16FEB07 005.jpg

FIORI16FEB07 007.jpg

Good to see ya kitty, thought you may have fallen off the face of the planet there :eek:

Good to hear all is well with the girls !!

Hey R! Thanks to feel for my girls!!

Here I'm posting the last pictures I have of my girls of day 4 and 9 of March.
I should have said "Enjoy!!" now....here come some nicer pictures than before! :D

FIORI4MAR07 005.jpg

FIORI4MAR07 006.jpg

FIORI4MAR07 007.jpg

FIORI4MAR07 010.jpg

FIORI4MAR07 011.jpg

FIORI4MAR07 017.jpg

FIORI4MAR07 021.jpg

FIORI4MAR07 001.jpg

FIORI9MAR07 002.jpg

FIORI9MAR07 001.jpg

FIORI9MAR07 004.jpg

Latest posts