Should I trim these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widowmaker

Reaction score
Hey guys, have a little question for you. I have 10 plants in a 30 gallon DWC that are 27 days old and average around 14 inches. So far I can tell that 3 are females. Ok I want to change the light cycle as soon as I can, but they are a little too crowded. I have already lsted as much as i could but still i have a couple of branches running into eachother. My question is, should i trim em up a bit, if so, how? And could I still start flowering afterward or should I wait. Here is a pic so you can get an idea. I really want to get the males out, so i can have some more space, but looks like ill have to wait until after the lights go out:D

Trim.jpg

Hi there. The plants look fantastic. Great work on them so far. I would go ahead and switch them to 12/12 so you can get rid of the males. It's already a jungle in there! I don't recommend trimming them though. I think trimming them decreases yield. I would lst hard and switch them to 12/12 immediately. Just my thoughts. Great work so far. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

yea thats what i thought, I guess ill lst every single branch i can tonight, and switch it tomorrow. Thanks smoky

if you trim now you will stress your plants and you will have to wait at least two weeks befor inducing flowering but you have a few options you can thin your plants out i no its hard to throw these out but the light penatration will make up for the loss, or you can tie branches down,or you can add side lighting or drop some cfls into the crop to add a few watts at little cost

get rid of the males way before flowering, really no need for the males after a certain amount of time.

Latest posts

Back