Showing Female gender, time to Flower??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffca

Reaction score
ok long story short, my friend has my plant in her house and she's growing it in the window, so she had someone come to inspect something and had to put it in the closet for like a day. then put it back near the window, it started showing the little hairs that show that it's female (it was a clone so we knew it would be) and since it is showing this does this mean we should start it on 12/12 (by keeping it 12 in day light and 12 in the closet) immediately, or do those hairs just mean "flower me whenever"

thank you.

Hello jeffca :)

If the plant has shown its maturity by showing its sex, it is because the daylight hours it is getting from the window are short enough for it to now produce Trichomes, the fact you put it in a closet did not induce it to show sex, it happened naturally a couple of weeks ago, so your plant is on its way to full maturity, if the plant is Indica dominant it will take about 8 more weeks until harvest, if it is Sativa dominant it will take about 12 weeks till harvest.

How tall is the plant?

HippyInEngland said:
Hello jeffca :)

If the plant has shown its maturity by showing its sex, it is because the daylight hours it is getting from the window are short enough for it to now produce Trichomes, the fact you put it in a closet did not induce it to show sex, it happened naturally a couple of weeks ago, so your plant is on its way to full maturity, if the plant is Indica dominant it will take about 8 more weeks until harvest, if it is Sativa dominant it will take about 12 weeks till harvest.

How tall is the plant?

oh hey :D, should i put it on a 12/12 schedule right now? the plant is about a foot and a half roughly. possibly more.

The reason it has shown its sex is because the window is giving the plant enough darkness to mature, if you wish to keep putting it into a closet of darkness for 12 hours thats up to you, or you could simply leave it in the window for the time being.

From this moment your plant will now grow 2.5 to 3 times its height, so your going to end up with a plant roughly 5.5ft to 6ft., do you have the room for this to grow that big inside?

HippyInEngland said:
The reason it has shown its sex is because the window is giving the plant enough darkness to mature, if you wish to keep putting it into a closet of darkness for 12 hours thats up to you, or you could simply leave it in the window for the time being.

From this moment your plant will now grow 2.5 to 3 times its height, so your going to end up with a plant roughly 5.5ft to 6ft., do you have the room for this to grow that big inside?

ya its in my friends house, and she does have enough space in front of the window. if you remember me i was the guy who had to get rid of all his plants because of my landlord, 5 of my plants went to this guy who is gonna give me a percent and i had one in my window til i found someone to take it so she has a nice space for it. i should check with her to see if she has enough closet space though.

also when it's in the closet and tapered off from all light, should i give her my inline fan and put it so there's ventilation while it's in dark period?

Yes I remember your bad luck and having to get rid of all the plants :(

Yes the plant will need fresh air, another thing the plant is going to need is lighting, at the moment the light from the window triggered the plant to show sex, this means the light is deminishing, the bad side to this is it now means the plants does not get enough light during the day to grow fat and heavy with buds, so at some point in the future you will need to set some lights up to give the plant bright light for 12 hours and darkness for the other 12 hours.

really, because the outside light is all we have to work with. i mean i was planning on having it in the window for 12 hours of light, then putting it in the closet for 12 hours of pure dark.

i'm not expecting a heap of dense buds, but we'll get buds though right?

because this was the only other option to putting it out in the middle of nowhere and hoping it fended for itself and no one found it. i already tried to talk her into growing with my light but she doesn't want to deal with the space issue.

In that case and if its your only option, fine, carry on with what your doing, just dont expect 2lb of buds :)

:( ya i learned not to count my eggs until they hatch with my first batch of plants.. lol.

thanks

the plant that she has i had pulled it from it's roots because i didnt think it would have enough light then i put it back in because i thought what the hell i'll just put it to the side, it's barely grew but stayed alive, i mean this guy is a soldier i can't wait to smoke him up.

less hassle if you have them stay outside, or in greenhouse if you do not have spaces inside for indoor reasons..

Latest posts

Back