:sigh: back to the drawing board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmnismo300

Reaction score
ups guy arrived i was super excited! i installed my 4in inline duct fan to exhaust my 400w hps out of my closet grow into my attic and!!!

...100.9˚and slowly rising

i gotta see what i do now :( bigger inline duct fan or better fan or intake fan man i have no clue.

anybody else had a bad day today?

I'm getting ready to hook up my dual 150watt HPS, I'll let you know how it goes. I have a 400 Watt in the attic I absolutely cannot cool. I have my fingers crossed for 300 watts.

ArtVandolay said:
I'm getting ready to hook up my dual 150watt HPS, I'll let you know how it goes. I have a 400 Watt in the attic I absolutely cannot cool. I have my fingers crossed for 300 watts.

goodluck i hope u have better luck than i just did 103˚ and still slowly risin

:'(

I'm surprised. What is the cfm of your fan? I have a 400MH (not air cooled) that I am using in a space about 3 x 3 and it is being cooled with passive intake from the crawl space and a computer fan exhausting hot air into the bathroom. I have 2 150W HPS in a cool tube (not hooked up to ducting) with passive intake and a computer fan exhausting hot air into the bedroom. Both spaces have an oscillating fan. Both spaces can easily be kept from the 70s.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm surprised. What is the cfm of your fan? I have a 400MH (not air cooled) that I am using in a space about 3 x 3 and it is being cooled with passive intake from the crawl space and a computer fan exhausting hot air into the bathroom. I have 2 150W HPS in a cool tube (not hooked up to ducting) with passive intake and a computer fan exhausting hot air into the bedroom. Both spaces have an oscillating fan. Both spaces can easily be kept from the 70s.

What is your intake air temp, THG?

BuddyLuv said:
you need this style fan.
http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=52531

I can cool your lights better then that axial fan by farting into it. If you do not want the carbon filter combo I know htg sells the 4 inch fan by itself on ebay.

will the extra 90cfms of that fan be able to lower my temps cuz i got to 103˚ in about 15min of having the light on with my fan on

what is the difference in that fan to this one?

http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=46447

why does one go for $100 doing 170 cfms

and the one i posted for $25 does 250 cfms???

The Hemp Goddess said:

my fan is rated at 80 cfms: http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=46434

idk how it would be possible to be in the 70˚s in a 3X3 with a 400watter seriously the temp rose over 100 in almost 15-20min

sumone suggested a small ac unit like this one
http://kingersons.com/portable_ac_7500m.htm

but i think thats overkill

sumone plz chime in i really dont want to keep blowing my money away i wana start growin i feel left out lol

here are sum pics of the exhaust and the space im working in

pic1: ducting attached to side of reflector
pic2: my closet space

get-attachment-10aspx.jpg

get-attachment-9aspx-1.jpg

Im using a closet(110cf),,and my fan is 265 cfm, I have a negative which is real good.Grow area stays cool.

CowboyBudsky said:
Im using a closet(110cf),,and my fan is 265 cfm, I have a negative which is real good.Grow area stays cool.

110cf?

negative?

pic and info of fan plz and what are the dimensions of your closet

jdmnismo300 said:
110cf?

negative?

pic and info of fan plz and what are the dimensions of your closet

My closet is 110 cubic feet, my fan pulls more then twice that per minute, giving me a negative air pressure. You can really feel the air passing through the closet doors. Goes out a vent in the roof. I keep my AC at 75. My closet temp rides 79% most the time untill night. OH and you can see a pic of my fan by clicking on my grow thread below.

well you first problem is that your are cooling your lamp with the hot air already being generated in the room. You need to pull air from outside the room through the light and back out. That axial fan does not really push that cfm. It is rated on an already forced air current. This fan is designed to boost air flow that already exists. The other fan is made to force air using a neg. air flow. Personally I would use a 6 in fan, you get 440 cfm's for 20 more bucks. You then have to get a small intake and exhaust fan. In that small of a space computer fans could probably give you enough movement with a small oscillating fan to keep things stirred up inside.

BuddyLuv said:
well you first problem is that your are cooling your lamp with the hot air already being generated in the room. You need to pull air from outside the room through the light and back out. That axial fan does not really push that cfm. It is rated on an already forced air current. This fan is designed to boost air flow that already exists. The other fan is made to force air using a neg. air flow. Personally I would use a 6 in fan, you get 440 cfm's for 20 more bucks. You then have to get a small intake and exhaust fan. In that small of a space computer fans could probably give you enough movement with a small oscillating fan to keep things stirred up inside.

totally got mixed up with wich fans were talkin about just what do i need lol

Latest posts

Back