smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_riz

Reaction score
Anyone know of any peice of equipment that would neutralize the smell of dank flowering nuggs? even a little bit? any reccomendations?

Most odor particles are solids which are electricaly charge beacouse they are missing an electron. When the ions, loaded with an extra electron,and electron deprived particles meet, the electron migrates to the particle. The particle is neutralized,it loses its odor and precipitates out of the air.

: ion generator (inexpensive),air purifuer , carbon filter, HEPA FILTERS that eliminate bacteria and fungal spores as well kill some odors that are airborne.

PERSONALY: AIR PURIFUER couse some of them come with built in ion generator AND CARBON FILTER AND OUTSIDE CANT SMELL NOTHING

and you see the diference big time almost no smell

Ah neat, thing is we are tight for a decent grow spot so it is not totally sealed off, however is in a room which doesnt get used much and the mainlight is always off so it has a nice un-interrupted night cycle..

Do these Air Purifiers need to be in the box pretty much sealed? or can they be sat on a chair near the grow..

damm
only thing i can think of is put Air Purifiers in front of the plat and that should help but unless you seal the space completly there is now way you can get rid of smell (back part of Air Purifiers that takes air in and makit less smely should be on the front of the plant)
(unles you buy bigg ion generator and the whole room will not have a smell )

Hey thanks brouli, might have to buy a couple of dozen lol,

and DL man, whats an Ona Blocker? i found a few on google they were all links to forums..

one small carbon filter from a garden stor is about $130 and a vortex fan is about $150...excellent for smell...and are found in most any garden store. they work great in apartments also.

Ona blocker is an oder attacker they tell me. "It doesn't mask the smell. It attacks it and kills the smell." As soon as I used it, there was no smell to be found what so ever. And as a plus it smelled like clean linnen. I got mine from my local hydro store and it was 8 bucks. i've been using mine for a month and its still great.

Hey man heres what you gotta do. buy some black/white poly sheeting like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-10-x-100-RO...ryZ43555QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hang it around your plants from the ceiling to make it air tight. It is highly reflective on the white side, so more of your light will be used on the plants.
You can also buy cheap stick on zippers for easy access.

Now get a 6" carbon filter, a fan, and some ducting to make a vent. Let ambient air in down low by the floor. Hot air rises so take advantage of that to help keep it cool.

To really keep it smell proof buy a couple fresh2 lights and hang em down between your plants.
http://www.servicelighting.com/catalog_product.cfm?prod=TC28924

These release -ions when they are on (and are cheaper than normal -ion makers) And on top of that they increase your light output!

Try typing "ona block" into Google images...you should find it there no problem, some of them even let you order through them

but beware, too tight is a bad thing...your carbon filter will collapse the walls in!!! I KNOW...lol..vent well, but remember vents are a light leak also..and remember to build a vent cover that can be placed on the out side to block the vent. in the event there is a power outage, you can block the vent w/o needing to open the acces door to the grow...this minimizes the spread of smell till the power gets back on.:farm:

Best thing imho for intake filter is a universal honeywell active carbon filter.... I've used the same one for years... and have never changed it...

I got a Honeywell carbon filter too. I can still smell my plants, but it does block out some of the odor.

Latest posts

Back