Snowed in - Christmas Cancelled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldHippieChick

apostate
Reaction score
:ciao: Merry Christmas all. I hope you're all having a lovely Christmas morning with family and friends. It's just me and my two pups - poor OHC. All my grand plans nixed at the last minute due to worse than expected driving conditions and snow and icy roads.

On the up side, the dogs love love love the snow. The tradeoff was a salami sandwich instead of the apricot glazed standing rib waiting for me 40 miles away. Oh well. On the up side, nephew called to tell me what my present was hahahaha. It MIGHT get better later. Poor me.

its just me and my causin who came to pick me up last nite too.
snow started last nite and got pretty bad botu 15 miles down the highway to mom and dads, so we stuck at my place now til further notice.
thank the lord above i got plenty smoke :aok:
you in the upper midwest too OHC?
or is this snow hittin the whole country LOL

Sorry to hear that OHC...we got our snow last weekend....today is just a drab day...I hope you make the best of it though....merry x-mas...

No Zip - I'm in TX where it never snows on Christmas:shocked: .
There in lies the problem. People don't know how to drive in this stuff. So many people around here drive pick ups and with empty beds they slide. I made it to the interstate (2 miles took 20 min with traffic) and it was jammed, moving 25 MPH. I saw 8 stranded cars and a fire truck coming my way in the rear view mirror. Enough already. I got off at the next exit. It's all good, just strange.

i suppose it'd be bout like watchin people come here from down south and drivin on th e ice here. LOL

Good Morning OHC...sorry to hear ya spending the first part of day at home...I sure hope ya can get over to get you presents and some good eats...I spent my evening with UKgirl watching her kids open gifts..and am now waiting for my kids to get home from they Moms...Thaught i would share some Cali orange with ya this wonderul day..oh an My tree waiting for kids to tare into those gifts:D well gotta grow now..

Merry Christmas Texas Girl:ciao:

DSCF4757.JPG

DSCF4761.JPG

DSCF4765.JPG

DSCF4770.JPG

DSCF4773.JPG

DSCF4775.JPG

Awwwww so sweet 4u2 xox and Merry Merry Christmas to you and UKGirl ! I guess you watched it all on a web cam? And more joy to come when your kids get home - you are blessed. :D
That bud is awesome !!!! I'm proud for you !
It's all good, just a bit of an unexpected glitch and a reminder of just how insignificant our plans are when it comes to nature. :p

I've had an ongoing discussion with the bratty nephew all week. He told me that only OLD PEOPLE talk about the weather - so I guess I am officially OLD lmao. I think it's cool to be reminded once in a while that we are not in charge of everything. Gota go with the flow once in a while.... The sun is out and temps are expected to reach 40 by late afternoon so if not tonight, things will be back to normal by tomorrow.:cool:

Thanks for sharing your holiday bud pics. Love the tinsel. Lovely tree. Enjoy the kids. :D

BOOOOO !!!! that sucks OHC...sorry to hear that .. if it helps, i'm just sittin' here too bakin' my brains out tryin' to get mom to order a family vaporizer...merry christmas anyway lol...time to dig through the movie collection..

Hehe, it's just me and my 5 year old... It's 10am and she is still sleeping!!! I really did expect a little more excitement from her... (sometimes I wonder of this child is even related to me:confused2: :rolleyes: ) She's certifiably nutso like her mama, that's for sure. I woulda had the entire house up by 5am! Ah well. I tried twice to get her going. She pretty much told me to bugger off both times.

Anyone got time for a Christmas morning wake'n'bake?;)

Hey nvthis - count me in - just got off the phone and I'm not expected anywhere till 6PM - as long as the sun does it's thing....

What's up with that girl ? I'd have been blowin and goin by 6AM at the latest???

Looks like I made the best call with my U turn home, my step sister said they didn't get home till 11PM (4 hrs for a 50 mile trip) and nephews fiance ended up in a ditch and had to be rescued.

nvthis said:
She's certifiably nutso like her mama, that's for sure. I woulda had the entire house up by 5am! Ah well. I tried twice to get her going. She pretty much told me to bugger off both times.

Anyone got time for a Christmas morning wake'n'bake?;)

Let me jump in on the Xmas Wake 'n' Bake! :bong2: Now THAT's some funny stuff NVthis... LOVE it! Your little girl is really on her own schedule.. NOT St. Nick's! lol... It's been a long time since I was that age but I can still remember being told "It's only 5 a.m... Go back to bed until at least 7...:hubba: "

Sorry OHC...
icon9.gif

So sorry that the weather has you stuck at home. I hope the weather improves for you soon. It's the same here when we get any snow or ice... The locals don't get any practice with winter driving and it's amateur hour on the roads... You know it's bad up that way when snow country locals like Zip can't get to where he needs to go... Those folks know how to deal with that stuff and even they aren't going anywhere. I remember some visits we did when I was a kid from ND to my grandpa's place in Minnesota where we'd drive 400 miles going 25mph thru the blowing snow with my Dad gripping the wheel... NO fun at all... We soon stopped going to see Gramps from Thanksgiving thru Easter every year cuz it was just too unpredictable and risky to drive...

It's actually a lot of fun if you really get snowed in with your family but it also can put a new spin and challenge on 'togetherness.' Once in the 90s we all flew to my bro's in Denver and barely got in before 3 feet of snow fell... It was crazy... But we had everything we needed and thank god my bro's gf at the time was a pothead! ;)

They cancelled my flight last nite and I'm supposed to fly at 620pm today... We'll see! There have been a couple of flights that have gone from here to Minneapolis today already... but 2 planes were cancelled from MSP to my home town so who knows? If I were a betting guy I'd put my money on 2mro... I'm just glad I'm at home and not stuck at the MSP airport having fun with standby status and $9 sandwiches... If they cancel my flight today I hope they figure it out before I go to the airport around 430 or so... I should be plenty medicated by the time that rolls around...

I'll also make that I have a good half dozen Christmas emergency P.R.J.'s for my journey... (Pre Rolled Joints! :rolleyes:) I already sent some med's ahead and they are waiting on me... and boy is my buddy happy til I get there! :p

Merry Christmas Everyone! :cool:

Wasn't it weird to have snow on xmas eve in Texas? Ours is melted, well except for the stuff on the deck. Our roads should be fine, but we have nowhere we need to be. Might just be a jammie day...lol.

OldHippieChick said:
Hey nvthis - count me in - just got off the phone and I'm not expected anywhere till 6PM - as long as the sun does it's thing....

What's up with that girl ? I'd have been blowin and goin by 6AM at the latest???

Looks like I made the best call with my U turn home, my step sister said they didn't get home till 11PM (4 hrs for a 50 mile trip) and nephews fiance ended up in a ditch and had to be rescued.

Then, by all means, let us continue the w&b:bong:

Hey DOS!:ciao:

Merry Christmas MP!:D

(p.s. 10:30am and the girl is still sawing logs... She was in bed by 10pm last night.... She ain't normal:huh:

SmokinMom said:
Wasn't it weird to have snow on xmas eve in Texas? Ours is melted, well except for the stuff on the deck. Our roads should be fine, but we have nowhere we need to be. Might just be a jammie day...lol.

Gotta love jammie days! i work from home so much these days that too many days are 'jammie days!' lol... The mailman will deliver a package at 2 in the afternoon and I'm in my Spongebob Football nite pants with my robe on over the top....:p "Uh... you just caught me before I jumped in the shower... Good timing!" ;)

nvthis said:
(p.s. 10:30am and the girl is still sawing logs... She was in bed by 10pm last night.... She ain't normal

:rofl: ......... :laugh: ......... :p

:48: Hey Dirty - It's all good - and SOOOO much better since finding I'm not the only one at home adjusting my schedule. I can't help but think about that King of the Hill episode where the Hills and whacky neighbors all get stuck at the airport on Thanksgiving.... My friends a AA flight attendant and she got stranded in St Louis and her boyfriend tried to drive to meet her and he turned around as well. You know it's bad when a Marine retreats :).

Hey SmokinMama - jammies here as well for the time being - weird yes - good that it's melted down there - it's started here.
Ah well -

We're here with ya OHC! Just me, the wifey, and a retarded cat!

the chef said:
We're here with ya OHC! Just me, the wifey, and a retarded cat!
Made any headway with those 2" thick rib steaks?
(where's that drool avatar when you need it?)
Say hey to the retard. My two are passed out - ODed on new squeeky play toy, romping in the snow and Christmas salami.

I'm contemplating my new years resolution..... thinking I should resolve to use more commas after reading my last post.

LOL, ribeye's we decided to wait till new years gonna make a homade tex-mex meal, carne guisada, spanish rice, frejoles ala chara, the works! I think i use to many commas,,,,,,,

steamed dumplings - or what the pkg calls Ling Ling Potstickers - for lunch here.... that'll wake those two muts up.
Ewwwww I love me some tex-mex chili rellenos stuffed with shredded beef and covered with queso. mmmmmm

Been a while fer me and reljenos...ooops gotta go make the mambo sauce and start rolling the tortillias. Be back a little ltr OHC. Take 46 bong hits and i'll be back befor................. when you come to:rofl:

Latest posts

Back