Snowed in - Christmas Cancelled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OldHippieChick said:
Say hey to the retard.

I'm contemplating my new years resolution..... thinking I should resolve to use more commas after reading my last post.

GEEEZ, OHC... It's Christmas! You must be pretty tight with Chef's wife to call her that... :eek: Hmmmm.... grammatical resolutions? Where's Zip? :rofl: LMFAO... Actually Zip.. DON'T you DARE change a thing! ;) I love your ramblings... I usually fire up a fresh joint when I sit down to decipher a nice long Zip post... and just get delightfully 'lost' in it for a while... :D

So Mom called.... It's seems Molly the 4 yr old Eng Springer Spaniel didn't want to wait for me to show up before opening her present from me... a squeaky ice cream bar! :hubba: From what i understand, Molly has been casing out that particular present for over a week. My Dad caught her a few times sitting in the window seat, investigating the gift gingerly... But Molly knows it's Christmas! About a half hour ago she walked over to the tree... grabbed her present and tore it open right in front of my Mom... and Mom didn't say anything... she just called in Dad from the kitchen and they both watched as Molly went bonkers... LOL :)

UPDATE: Molly the wonderdog already has the ice cream bar's 'squeaker' rendered 'squeakless' and Dad had to dig the squeaker out of the ice cream bar so Molly won't swallow it! :eek: Yikes! Can you just imagine if Molly swallowed her squeaker and it got stuck in her butt? She'd squeak everytime she passed air...:p

dirtyolsouth said:
She'd squeak everytime she passed air...:p
This explains a lot of goings on in my house....
YOU ARE FREAKIN' HILARIOUS DOS -
Well it's been a blast my friends, thanks for the company all.
DOS - have a safe flight.xox
Chef - enjoy your feast xox
Zipflip: good luck getting to moms.
PuffMonkey: hahaha enjoy the bakeoff.
NV and 4u2 enjoy the kiddos - I NV you both xox
Hamster and SmokinMama - have a chill day
I gota get up and get ready just in case round two comes together as planned.
You guys are so cool.
xox
OHC

Oh YEAH!

Merry Christmas 4u2smoke and UKgirl and all yours...! What a WONDERFUL and SWEET story line the two of you have added to our hearts this year. Wow how very cool... I didn't know you were going to spend the holidays together and I'm SO happy for all of you. I'm sure this must be a lot of fun for everyone... and the cultural exchange from the UK/US is so cool... I had a gf from Manchester when I was in college and it sure was fun going there for Xmas one year... I still keep in contact with most of the peeps I met on that trip 20 yrs ago and visit them when I'm in the UK....

What a nice tree and I love the buddage all trimmed up for Christmas too... Very nice 4u2... SO nice! :) Have an Orange and Blue Xmas! ;)

Being by yourself on Christmas isn't a good thing, BUT just think how much worse it is being on the other side of the world where the locals hate you being there and the ones you are trying to protect the locals from are trying to kill you.
What makes it even worse is the people here at home are starting to turn against our sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, much like we did during Nam! It's sure sad when we as a nation can't learn to separate disagreeing with a policy from reviling those brave men and women who gave us a blank check payable in the amount of up to their very life or possibly even worse living as a vegetable with a sound mind but no way to communicate with the outside world. AND REMEMBER EVERYONE IN THE MILITARY TODAY IS A VOLUNTEER WHO WAS WILLING TO PLACE HIMSELF/HERSELF BETWEEN US AND HARM! I guess they know the true meaning of Christmas better than most, maybe even without realizing it -- To celebrate the birth of a man to a virgin, who was willing to give himself for us, like the military members are doing. Remember "Greater love hath no man that to lay down his life for a friend"? (I don't think that is an exact quote but it is close and gets the point across -- please forgive an old man's failing memory.) I really can't think of very many people that I would offer up my life or living in a broken body in their place.

This is not mean to put down OHC or anyone else alone today, just is an observation of what I see happening in our nation today and an admonition to those how MIGHT forget the sacrifice others are making for us at this very moment. There are times when I also get busy and forget the menaing of our tropp's actions and willingness to die to protect me and you.

enough melancholy -- MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I and my family wish each of you and yours the best day possible!

Good smoking.

you got that right CA$H.
But on the up side, there are a lot of cool people here, and many showed up today. Thanks all. xox
OHC

:rolleyes: Merry Happy Merry Merry! :rolleyes:

:holysheep:

Hello again!

Well... so i checked and my flight was scheduled to run on time... So I called the cabbie and went over the airport. As I was checking in my bag a prompt that my connecting flight from Minneapolis to my home town was cancelled...
icon9.gif
Dadgummit! They gave me the option of (A) flying into Minneapolis 2nite and putting me up in a hotel and then taking the same time flight tomorrow eve to my hometown or (B) I could leave on the same plane from Nashville tomorrow at 6pm and end up back home as the other flight, watch football and sleep in my own bed... Hmmmm.... The only drag is the $45 in cab fare roundtrip...

Option B! So here I am! :ciao: I just fired up a nice fat joint & this is still going to be a very nice Christmas despite it all! Football and a fattie and a my fave Belgian beer! :yay: And it is really nice to have a few MPers to share the holiday with... I wish you could come over for my makeshift Christmas dinner... all i got around the house other than some soup and staples are some corn and flour tortillas, a pound of frozen hamburger, an onion, some shitake and hedge hog mushrooms and a block of cheddar cheese... TACOS! :hubba: I wish I had a fresh tomato to dice up but I found a can of petite diced tomatoes in the cupboard so I'm all set for the banana taco dance!
:banana:

So let's make the best of it... grab the bong, make yourself at home & the tacos will be ready in about an hour...:)

Awwwwwwwww dirty!

That sucks brutha!..

Christmas tacos...solid call...

For real, dude...if you have to have your travel plans get goofy on ya, it's best to happen while you're at home..... at least

Merry Christmas DOS and everyone else..

How fun is it to see kids psyched to open presents...
especially when they think that Santa came by..

My lil 2 y/o baby girl got so excited to see that Santa ate the nilla wafers and pudding that she left out..(I don't know why she decided on that combo, but hey..she's the lil boss :)

Take it from me dos. a taco a day keeps your beltline hidden.....ok don't know where i was going with that! Sharing a bean and a bowl with ya! OHC Hope you had a decent one!

Sorry to hear about all you guys' (and girl) plans! What a drag, but it sounds like your makeing the most of it.

OHC I was stationed in Texas, and I remember it snowing on Thanksgiving day, it wasn't even sticking to the ground, and people were driving like 25 mph on the highway...lol...I was p.o.'d cause they were taking up the lanes, and I (northern boy) couldn't pass. Also was takeing my SGT Majors kids home to their mother's in Wisconsin, as an assignment, and left Ft. Hood, got about 1 1/2 hours out of Killeen, into Dallas and there was an ice storm, and they shut the roads down. I had to get the first hotel room, without even getting out of state.

I hope yall's plans can come together, I had a wonderful time with my daughter, mom, and 87 yr old granny today....great food, and company. NV...I wish my kid was still that age...treasure this day, it is gone too fast! Happy Holidays to you all...I want some taco's...lol

cmd420 said:
Awwwwwwwww dirty!

That sucks brutha!..

Christmas tacos...solid call...

For real, dude...if you have to have your travel plans get goofy on ya, it's best to happen while you're at home..... at least

Merry Christmas DOS and everyone else..

How fun is it to see kids psyched to open presents...
especially when they think that Santa came by..

My lil 2 y/o baby girl got so excited to see that Santa ate the nilla wafers and pudding that she left out..(I don't know why she decided on that combo, but hey..she's the lil boss :)

Thanks cmd & everyone else...

It's all good. You are SO right... I'm just glad to be at home and not stuck in the airport all day tomorrow waiting for my flight at 8pm... Had I chose to go tonight and stay in a hotel I would have had about 9 hours to burn from checkout time until my flight goes out... It's just me and my parents this year and all that matters is having a good visit. Now that I think about it.... a 5 day visit is just about perfect and after that it gets a bit long so it's all going to work out just fine.;)

Nilla Wafers were a VERY good call by the :baby: superbaby girl! :baby: Especially if it was banana pudding! :aok: The tacos came out very nice. Adding the onions and mushrooms to the taco meat was da BOMB...:hubba: Hey Chef! Do you have any tips for a good taco seasoning that would be comparable to the packaged taco seasonings but up the quality? I don't care much for the standard 'taco seasonings' so I winged it with salt, pepper, chipotle chile powder, garlic powder and a bit of Chef Paul Prudhomme's Meat Magic.... It was tasty but I'm always looking for a quality alternative to 'taco seasoning...'

Peace!:cool:

Try cumin, paprika. chili powder and a little cayenne, with all these a little goes a long way. Just add that to your mix and see how it does.

the chef said:
Try cumin, paprika. chili powder and a little cayenne, with all these a little goes a long way. Just add that to your mix and see how it does.

Sounds great chef... Thanks so much! I forgot to mention that I did use some smoked paprika and that was a nice addition but the cumin, regular chili powder and cayenne sounds like they could round things out nicely. I made a note of that! :)

Hey, snow all melted yet? I woke this morning to find it all gone on the roadways, but still a little on the grass. But dang, it never melted out on the deck, and its very trecherous still. My poor dogs are slip sliding. :p

hey OHC, didja make it out and back alrite?
hope ya got some good vittles. and some take home.

$$

Cumin its whats fer dinner! Smom your poor doogies.

I got out and it was fine except for a few spots on high overpasses. My patio is still 2/3 covered. It's all good.

FA$TCA$H said:
hey OHC, didja make it out and back alrite?
hope ya got some good vittles. and some take home.

$$
All is well and thanks for asking. XOX. They fixed me up and sent me home with Sunday dinner, it was almost like I was their favorite daughter ;).
This has been a really really fun day for me here at MP. I've had loads of smiles - warm fuzzy thoughts to all.

LF - I think I was in that ice storm you spoke of. I had no lights for 5 days because I lived at the end of the power line out in the country. Fortunately I had gas heat so it wasn't so bad.

"Merry Christmas to all - and to all a good night."

such a bummer when things dont go as planned..atleast you are warm stoned and comfy with your babies!

Latest posts

Back