Snowed in - Christmas Cancelled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ladies....I'm thinking that ice storm had to be in 1993, or 94 possably, but I think 93...glad you made it out to celebrate...any word from DOS? Hope he made it home to see his folks!

SmokinMom said:
I remember it too. The Cowboys played what they called the Ice Bowl. I remember Leon Lett missed a catch or something and they lost the game. :D

I remember ice bowl..lol...But didnt the rules say no sports talk...been reading alot of your Drama posts and see you like breaking rules..do they not inforce them here..and I dont get that one..maybe a typeO,,Anyway...oldhippychic..great thread hope you was able to spend some time with loved ones..I didnt know it snowed in Texas

IWANAGROW said:
I remember ice bowl..lol...But didnt the rules say no sports talk...been reading alot of your Drama posts and see you like breaking rules..do they not inforce them here..and I dont get that one..maybe a typeO,,Anyway...oldhippychic..great thread hope you was able to spend some time with loved ones..I didnt know it snowed in Texas

Guess you're right. Didnt think about it that time. Just trying to equate something I remember about that particular Nov. EXCUSE ME! :rolleyes:

Iwanna grow...that was really rude, and uncalled for....thats not a good way to make freinds around here. But I guess that is to be expected with someone with so many red pebbles under their name...obviousely you don't think before you type.

Smokin...I love your posts....keep em comin!

legalize_freedom said:
Iwanna grow...that was really rude, and uncalled for....thats not a good way to make freinds around here. But I guess that is to be expected with someone with so many red pebbles under their name...obviousely you don't think before you type.

Smokin...I love your posts....keep em comin!

Thanks LF. That was the only bite he'll get outta me. Ignore lists are wonderful. :D

LF I think you are right.... 93-94. A lifetime ago. I don't remember any football game that year. No electricity for miles. It was bleak - much worse than this lil glitch this weekend.

Where is DOS? Last I heard he was still home and expecting to fly out today. Maybe he had his fill of MP lol. We can act alot like a disfunctional family lol.

On the flip side, I am grateful that I have two more days off .:yay:
I wish I was the kind that would get out at 6AM for the after sales but I stayed up late watching a netflix film about another disfunctional family called... "The Savages" :hubba:.

I just googled it...it was indeed 03. A rare snow and sleet storm. Dang, doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Tho I'm sure its something you'd love to forget OHC, lol.

OldHippieChick said:
Awwwww so sweet 4u2 xox and Merry Merry Christmas to you and UKGirl ! I guess you watched it all on a web cam? And more joy to come when your kids get home - you are blessed. :D
That bud is awesome !!!! I'm proud for you !
It's all good, just a bit of an unexpected glitch and a reminder of just how insignificant our plans are when it comes to nature. :p

I've had an ongoing discussion with the bratty nephew all week. He told me that only OLD PEOPLE talk about the weather - so I guess I am officially OLD lmao. I think it's cool to be reminded once in a while that we are not in charge of everything. Gota go with the flow once in a while.... The sun is out and temps are expected to reach 40 by late afternoon so if not tonight, things will be back to normal by tomorrow.:cool:

Thanks for sharing your holiday bud pics. Love the tinsel. Lovely tree. Enjoy the kids. :D

Hello and Happy day after..I know somehave a name for this day but I dont know all them....Did ya make it to the Feast? And Melissa and I have been on web cam everyday for a while now..lol..isnt technolagy great:clap: thanks for the kid words on the bud..its only 7.5 weeks but is over 4 foot ..this one really stretched in flower..have another one went in same time same age half the size but has just as much bud:D hardly any stretch..Kids Loved they gifts and am playing with them now...we go after Christmas shopping and will leave after im finished here:giggle: I like the sales on Christmas gadgets for next year..kids spend they Money they got..well that is all now we look forward to New Years...take care and be safe Old Hippy Chick

:48:

sorry didnt meen for the thumbs down...

It's called boxing day in GB 4u2. Interesting history to the name. Back then there were two classes - the upper and everyone else. The upper wouldn't give house servants their Christmas day off because they couldn't manage on their own. So everyone else got the day after off and got sent home with a box of leftovers.
Enjoy the sales, I'm just getting up and around. Second cup o joe. xox

PS I have ???? about the flowering stage AND seed breeding but they can wait. have fun.

:doh: Melissa told me that..but was high and thinking she said her son was boxing today..lol..Boy am I in trouble:hitchair:

okay ask away..Im no expert but have made a few beans..:D kids are eating breakfast and ill check back..and maybe some more experience growers will help as well..take care be safe

4u2sm0ke said:
:doh: Melissa told me that..but was high and thinking she said her son was boxing today..lol..Boy am I in trouble:hitchair:

okay ask away..Im no expert but have made a few beans..:D kids are eating breakfast and ill check back..and maybe some more experience growers will help as well..take care be safe

Go shop and play - I'm not ready yet for the seed talk and it'll wait for another day. I'm lurking in your seed thread so please keep it going..... The flowering ? has to do with how a bud develops - I flipped my WW and now I see this stretch going on and all these - mini buds under the top flower.... now to form a bud do all these "mini buds" just get so thick and plentiful that they form the large main cola or are they seperate buds and the main cola sprouts UP like the stretch indicates? OR COULD IT BE BOTH that creats the main cola? Can you tell I'm getting into this? hehehehe it's more exciting than the germination - even though that was a real hurdle. I'm missing sleep sitting staring at this girl....

Hello again my friends....

Happy Boxing Day all! :rolleyes: Well folks... I'm STILL not back home...
icon9.gif
Much to my chagrin I am at the Courtyard Marriot in Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP). My flight to MSP went fine... but while I was in line for my flight in Nashville I called the 800 # to confirm my connection and low and behold... the flight from MSP to my hometown was cancelled.
icon8.gif

So, my bag is already on the plane I'm getting on so I asked the agent if they suggest I just go back home or should I go to MSP tonight and if so, can you GUARANTEE me a seat on a flight tomorrow, preferably morning? So she rebooked me for a 10am flight 2mro morning but they were in a rush to finish boarding and take off so they told me to see the counter when I got to MSP for a new boarding pass for tomorrow.;)

So I land at MSP.... go to a gate agent to get my boarding pass printed out. He can see my reservation, my assigned seat BUT it wouldn't let him print it out...:hubba: So... off to the main ticket counter I go hoping I can just stop by a Kiosk and check in for my flight in about 13 hours and see if I can get a hotel voucher. Long story longer... No luck at the kiosk and it took an agent an hour to figure out that they don't know WHAT'S going on either...:rolleyes: They can see my res... my assigned seat BUT the 'status' says STAND-BY? :confused: So... Me being of low blood sugar, tired and in need of a joint twice the size of my plane said "Hey folks... can you just let me go get a good night's sleep and have a meal and we'll have MORE fun tomorrow morning with my reservation and they'll have to figure out WHAT they are going to do with me...:p

If I dont get on that flight at 10am I may be headed back home because the soonest that they could guarantee me on a flight for my hometown is Wednesday! That's just duckie. So... tomorrow is another day! And I thought bringing along 5 pre-rolled ENOURMOUS joints was maybe overcompensation for my medicating on my journey but BOY am I glad I did... I'm half way thru a fattie of Sour Diesel Moonshine and the snow sure looks pretty outside...:eek: I'll be sure to smoke at least a full joint in the a.m. before going to airport or I just might get hauled to jail if I don't medicate beforehand... so far so good. You do catch more flies with sugar then vinegar but it's getting harder to find the sugar without a FAT joint beforehand...:joint:

Wish me luck!

Im in Dallas Tx and I got snowed in on christmas thats sickkkkk!!!

OGCOUGH said:
Im in Dallas Tx and I got snowed in on christmas thats sickkkkk!!!

Yah... at least I'm going to North frickin' Dakota! lol....:p Sorry to hear about the weather messing with your plans too. I think it got a lot of peeps this year. In 25 yrs of going up there for Xmas this is the first time they haven't got me there...

Peace!:cool:

Wow dos..how completely ridiculous!! You should get reimbursed and given a voucher for a future flight or something. Incredible!!!

Yea, hahaha on that freaky Dallas snowstorm. :p

Oh no, that's like my worst fear. Minneapolis. I read on yahoo that ND was bad - worse today. Much respect for your patience. Have you tried tears? They sometimes work for ladies in distress.

evening ohc...hows it going?

good thanks - how you be 2dog? My sleep hrs are messed up and I see my timer didn't go off on time - this means I may have to hunt down some glasses - ghasp.... to reprogram it. Hermie fear has crept in but nothing to do but do what I can. As my friend would say ..... it ain't nothin' but a thang chichen wang...... coffee good.

lol..coffee at this time of night? no wonder you're up...I am going to go to bed soon..watching king of the hill... smoking. dinking around on the puter...

Latest posts

Back