So what do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkyelements

Reaction score
I had a few problems on my last grow so i'm starting over. I have two plants of different high grade strands in a mixture of miracle grow potting soil and african violet with enough nuts for now. They are in a large self built hollowed-out cabinet that is 5 ft. tall 2.5 feet wide and 1.5 ft. deep. The bottom foot of the cabinet is used for storage. The cabinet is inside of walk in closet. Inside of the cabinet I have a 250 Watt hps mounted, (2) 100 Watt cmpt fluoros, a cooling fan for the hps, a fan for circulation outside of cabinet, and a humidifier to keep rh at 40-55%. The overall temperature is around 76-82 degrees and rh is 40-50%. I have neptunes harvest organic fertilizer that I will start using after a couple more weeks. If you look at the pictures, the bottom leaves have brown stains which may have been from misting the top soil but im not sure. The plants are about 2 weeks in, and i retransplanted both plants into 1.5 quart pots. Any feedback appreciated.

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

There are a cpl things I wld change...If that is tinfoil lining your grow box then lose it and just paint the inside flat white...I wld watch for stretch and be ready to move either the lights or the plants closer...and keep an eye out for nute burn...I think that might be the cause of your brown spots...unless that is Miracle Grow Seed Starting Mix then it is probably full of time release nutrients and will be rough if not fatal on your seedlings...

Im on my first grown, and have read a few post different sources/post saying that higher humidity, lower temp., along with less light a the beginning will have a better chance of producing females. just something to thiink about!!

Thanks HL !! under the foil is flat white so that works and i did hear it reflects better but I wasn't sure, i will prob move them closer to the lights now too, i haven't added any extra nutes just what was in the soil and it was only .21, .07, .14, but yea it is continuous release, is that gonna be a real issue? i did get some mist on those leaves while misting the top soil, i was hoping maybe just burnt it a little cause its not really brown just dry looking.

yea puffin, im tearin that tin down now, i havent given it nutes and wasnt planning on it for a bit, and im going to move them closer, thanks keep me updated on yours....!

nice cant wait to see, what lamp are you using for that?
thanks i think she'll do ok i'll be puttin up pics.

get rid of the MG bro!!!!! its just not worth the risk of all the work and then burn them up one day. i always use 50% cheap potting soil, 40%pete moss and 10% peralite. wks great for me when i cant get name brand fox farm.

those cfl's need to right on top of those plants..as close as you can get them.

this time of year i cant even find a household fan, let alone gardening supplies. and its just ackward for me to order a 60 pound bag of soil off the internet :rolleyes:

Amen to that brother!! you ain't alone,
out here on the far eastern end of Nu Yawk
its the same story--gotta get everything off
the net--hooray ups...................

stock up in September next year, i learnt that the hard way also.

That MG soil your using will be fine just dont add any nutes for awhile

JMO

puff monkey, thanks i did do that........
Yea im in PA and getting any descent soil is tough rite now, but i need to make the effort.
dman, you really think that mg will be ok?
And take a look at these leafs today guys whats the deal?

look at my first grow journal ....that was done with MG 3 month feed soil..(i used a custom mix though)..

the two leafs on the one look like trouble and they are the ones i got wet my other girl still looks good so im iffy on wether or not its nute burn

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

Damn nice first grow, you must have been doing something right, help me out, haha, how did they get so big even at 3 weeks?

Some strains will tolerate MG soil and others will not...do you hve a lowes or home depot around? This is the only MG soil I hve had no problems with at all....ddddddd.jpg I just bought up 5 bags from my Home Depot earlier this month...

ok cool HL, yes i do, and thats what i did. So what do you think do those leafs look nute burnt or could that have been just from getting them wet, it doesnt look like deficiences i had before or does it?

stinkyelements said:
ok cool HL, yes i do, and thats what i did. So what do you think do those leafs look nute burnt or could that have been just from getting them wet, it doesnt look like deficiences i had before or does it?

It looks like you might hve splashed the leaves when you watered and the time release ferts burnt them a bit...it cld also be other problems though like a ph issue...how are you checking your ph? If you hve the seed starting mix I wld transplant and see how the new growth looks...the great thing about MJ is it is quite resilient and will bounce back nicely...

Hey there Stinkyelements-

Looks more like a ph issue or the start of some mild nute burn. Like Hamster said- how you checking your ph?

Here's a pic from my last grow with MG soil- this is classic nute burn.

View attachment 145161

See how the edges of the leaf are turning brown and necrotic? I thinks Hamster's right- looks more like you have a ph issue.

Latest posts

Back