SOG help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i found a lot but dont quite get it
so heres what I got...

I'm starting a cloest growth in soil
I have made my closet into two shelves top and bottom
both are 7' length 2' depth and 3' height
and i plan on using plenty fluros

I can fit 30 6"pots (4 per square foot)
and i have read that to fruit you should only fit 1 per square foot (which in my space would be about 15 or so)

so my question is...

how do I keep a constant flow of production when I can only fruit half of my pots????????? and only two shelves..... please help herb experts

-stoned mofo

Divide off, and make light tight, the closet, say maybe 1/2 fruit, and the other 1/2 vegies. That will get you going on a perpetual.

so if I can veggie 30 on bottom shelf at a time...

then I can only fruit 15 on top shelf???

thanks quick responce Dirtysox

What happens when your plants outgrow 6" pots? I use 5 gallon pots and at the end of a grow the roots are growing in circles around the edge.

PencilHead said:
I use 5 gallon pots and at the end of a grow the roots are growing in circles around the edge.
Wow! You must have a big room or a lot of room to grow in 5 gallon pots ... no way would that fit in my closet.:eek:

right Im in a closet...

7' length 2' depth 3' height
2 shelves
light is seperate

I want to always have pot (doesnt everyne)

but Sea of Green seem right
I can fit 30 6" pots on either shelf...

if I am veggie 30 pots on one shelf (4 per sqaure foot)
then I can only fruit half that??? (1 per square foot)

i am confused and mislead
sorry and thanks for your patinece in advance

-mofo

What is your question?

Do you understand what SOG is?

all i got is 4x4 space 16 square feet ;) 2nd week of fruit stage tallest is 25inches all these girls are huge by the way things look 1 squre foot per plant sounds on the dot

I guess my question is tailored to my setup...

with my two shelves...
bottom veg and top fruit
both size of 7' length 2' depth 3' height

I can fit 30 six inch pots (4 per square foot) which i assume is good for vegetation
but
I've read that 1 per square foot is ideal for fruiting
soooooo.... again with my setup two shelve of equal size....

can I fruit all 30 pots??? or only half? or what?
Im coonfused

How many CFLs do you have? You need a whole lot to light 2 spaces that are 14 sq ft each. You need 70000 lumens in each space--approx 25 42W CFLs putting out 2800 lumens each x 2.

A 6" pot is good for a 6" plant. If you are growing from seed approx 1/2 of them will be male,.

Have you ever grown before? I cannot imagine putting 4 plants per sq ft...

JFYI, we call it flowering, not fruiting.

GrowRebel said:
Wow! You must have a big room or a lot of room to grow in 5 gallon pots ... no way would that fit in my closet.:eek:

Not really. I've got a stealth room that's 4.5' x 8'. And with a full assembly of girls (8-10 plants) it gets a bit crowded still at the end. Big buckets=big plants=big buds= big :D .

sorry Hemp goddess ive been growing shrooms also (fruit-flower)
I liked your DIY SCROG and I think I may attempt that on my bottom shelf (7'L 2'D 3'H)

the only weeed grows ive done are single plants in a bubble bucket and i haven't had large yeilds
I think my biggest problem is I need to invest in more lighting

what do you recommend for my space?
I really dont want a billion lights
or
something that gets really hot

stonedcoldmofo said:
sorry Hemp goddess ive been growing shrooms also (fruit-flower)
I liked your DIY SCROG and I think I may attempt that on my bottom shelf (7'L 2'D 3'H)

the only weeed grows ive done are single plants in a bubble bucket and i haven't had large yeilds
I think my biggest problem is I need to invest in more lighting

what do you recommend for my space?
I really dont want a billion lights
or
something that gets really hot

LOL--sometimes we can't have our cake and eat it, too...adequate lighting is going to create heat, no matter what kind of lighting you use. In fact, lumen for lumen, fluoros put out more heat than HPS lights. I got over 5 ozs off the 2 Satori I scrogged with 2 150W HPS lights. You might want to look into a 400W HPS with an air cooled hood. HTG has about the best prices on HPS light systems. You need adequate lighting to get good results. I think that you would be better off dividing your closet the other way--maybe one space 4 x 2 x 6 to flower and the other side 3 x 2 for vegging, cloning, mother.

i am soo newb...

ok newb question... (late at that)

SCROG
do you just tangle everything in the screen as it grows up to it?
or is there pruniing involved?

thanks in advance

my avatar is sooo pimp on the maryjaneforum.com
(havent made 15 posts so cant link but u get the idea... type the official name for maryjane in place of that)

but neway back to subject...

ive switched to SCROG
I made my screen today out of PVC and plastic garden fence...
tho i made it to fit my space instead of rectangle like THG...

I may start a journal on here...
i think i should u guys can help me along the way (esepicall u THG;) )

Latest posts

Back