Sog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner

Trouble Focusing
Reaction score
Is there a way of making a really small plant, a lil bushier then tall?, cuz im think of doing the whole SOG, LST im just not sure how i would do this without killing the plant and am i on the right track??:confused2:

Look into topping and pruning. Have you ever grown any kind of plant? If you have and you know how to prune it's the same concept. I think what you are looking to do is single colas though, you are asking cause of SOG? SOG is about canopy not bush. Topping could be used and then you would get more than one cola a plant.

A SOG is a method to keep a relatively even canopy and really small plants. Works well if you have limited vertical space. Basically, what you want to do is get a bunch of clones and let them root and throw them into 12/12 almost immediately. This will keep the plants really short and basically sticks with one big bud. You can keep them in small pots since they are small. I hope this helps out a little bit. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

so do you tie it down and that is how it grows liek a bushier plant??

stoner said:
so do you tie it down and that is how it grows liek a bushier plant??
...Nope... that would be sCrog... ;) Screen Of Green. I think the "Dictionary" on the growers "Resources" page may define the differences for you.

And keep in mind you do not want bushes for SOG, you want little single cola plants. Topping and the proper pruning can also help get you a bush. And they do make certain products like Bushmaster, my best advice is to read up and do a couple plants real simple for your first time, trust me you'll learn a lot if you do that.

ok thanks, i think this is starting to make sense

It will click one day LOL. You're asking the right questions so you should do well IMO. Plus a lot of guys here can help you with the grow journal, lots of guys/gals. Just be patient and get the room set up plan and you should do fine. By the time you start your second grow you will know infinitely more...I promise;)

to the original question- Is there a way of making a really small plant, a lil bushier then tall?

yes!

research!!!!!!

o well thats what im looking for can i have some tips on that technique?

trillions of atoms said:
to the original question- Is there a way of making a really small plant, a lil bushier then tall?

yes!

research!!!!!!

He's right go to the resources section and check out the free books and also Plant Training at the bottom of the resource page. Then come back and ask what you don't understand, it will be easier that way for all of us.

look at my sig- the info is there for all, on every post I make.

thanks to the world wide web and anyones mouse.... :D

Latest posts

Back