soil vs coco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whats your take ? Whats better? I have recently started vegetable plants and herbs in pure coco and some in pure potting soil. The plants in the soil are about double the size and greener and healthier. It seems like the soil is given the plants certain nutrients that isnt coming from the coco and nute mix. IM actually starting to believe that organic will produce larger better quality plants. Whats your take?

Im starting to think **** all the chemical fertilizers and get composted cow manure and make tea...done

edit: probably well rotted so it doesn't smell if indoors.

careful with the curse words, they frown on that here, but yeah i love organics, I wouldnt grow with chems if you paid me to. I can get just as good a harvest as the chem growers i know and seen in my neck of the woods. and it tastes and smells wayyyy better. I got people beating my door down for my stuff, they pass 3 good chem growers just to get my stuff! Plus im doing my part for the planet and saving money at the same time. its a win win for me!

dont feed the plants feed the soil :48:

Theconstantgardener said:
Whats your take ? Whats better? I have recently started vegetable plants and herbs in pure coco and some in pure potting soil. The plants in the soil are about double the size and greener and healthier. It seems like the soil is given the plants certain nutrients that isnt coming from the coco and nute mix. IM actually starting to believe that organic will produce larger better quality plants. Whats your take?

While you may have planted in medium from a bag of potting soil, soil is not really pure anything. There is a myriad of elements and compounds in soil that are not in coco, and the composition of potting soil will vary from company to company. While you will eventually have to feed your plants something, the right combination of organic amendments can feed your vegetables all season.

Thanks for the replies everyone. and thanks for that little word of wisedom highbrinx, but thats just nucking futs..lol

Latest posts

Back