Soilless Mix / Nutrients Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nouvellechef said:
I basically do what was said above. Pro-mix or Sunshine#4, fine grade dolomite lime and GH micro and bloom. That's it.

Pretty much, or Jack's Classic, which is what I've used for 35+ years.

It's really pretty simple till you go on internet forums. Then, it seems to get complicated and expensive.:ignore:

Wet

And I use an organic soil I get from Home Depot--Kellogg's Patio Plus organic soil. It has some goodies added--lime, perlite, guano, etc. It is not available everywhere. I pay $5 for 1.5 cu ft. I also use it in my raised vegetable beds and always have a great vegetable harvest.

First of when going to a soiless mix like BX or other enhanced Mycorrhizae you need to understand what it really is that is why i use sheep . and manures with it to give it that first head start to colonize and get a head start in reality using any hydroponic in this actually kills it like growing organic but you feed Chem nutes ????? not long before your medium organic life is DEAD gives you some thought on deciding on type of medium to use Also take note that lime rates or medium ph levels do not have a significant positive or negative effect on the growth and colonization of mycorrhizae.
Chemical fungicides should be avoided especially at the start of production and until enough time has elapsed to allow root colonization to occur. using Chemical nutrients will kill the fungi

Now growing with just promix or how about just good old plain COCO might be what your looking for remember promix Bx is pretty costly compared to just promix or just coco which can be reused as for the promix for the cost just get new everytime but it becomes noticable in DEC when your at counter buying 20 bags lol As for chem nutes there are lots of good brands try one GH advanced there are lots out there anyways thats what i would do just go COCO and be done with it

Latest posts

Back