something important to ask

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't do the whole thread. I don't have time for that.

What I get from it, is that the OP is a burden, not a declaration of supremecy. I have dealt with many friends that think their lives are set, and out of sheer ignorance, I would call them out on it. Not to hurt them, or prove myself right, or above them, but just to convey the truth that I see.

I have never been successful at breaking up a marriage before the wedding day, but I have yet to see any marriage I "bet against" succeed after only a year or two. I'm no love genius. I know less about love than anyone, and these were GOOD friends, who I conveyed these honest feelings too. Not one took me seriously, and here we stand.

I lost good friends for being honest, and they lost their marriage because they stone walled me. It's not about winning in situations like this. I can be wrong, it's happened many a time. But I expect a listening ear from my best friends, and sometimes, they will just do what they want, and find any and every justification to block me out.

I'm not a prophet, I am not all seeing, Hell, I don't really know anything, but from experience, what I see in people sometimes, being right is a burden, not a blessing. Thats all I think the OP was saying in the OP.

Were I wrong every time, I would have a lot more friends right now, and a good friend is SO much better than the feeling of "being right."

When you get the time check out all his posts in this thread. I know what you mean about trying to convince your friends on marriages. Its a dead end road but what kind of friend are you if you don't tell em what you think. Go back to private messages so we can argue/discuss religion, politics and life.

Bottom line, people are stupid, primordial sludge.... (Myself not excluded) and the only way we can actually improve on that, is when we can agree that no one really knows the answers, Then we ask the questions. Once we answer those questions, we need to question those answers, and again, and again, and again. That's the only real salvation of humanity.

From "Bokonon":

"Tiger got to hunt,
Bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"

Tiger got to sleep,
Bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand"

:joint4:

priestofknowledge said:
I am too wise... too wise for my own good as a young adult, at least. I study everything: every bit of news, every knowledge of textbook, every stranger's story, and every oddity to figure out. I have not yet reached the graduate level of the things I read except in Physics, but I believe that is because I have lost my drive and have slowed to nearly a halt.

I am still young and find my peers are so much younger. I have solved their problems by very often taking time and resources from myself to do so, yet all they do is ignore me in return. I am so damned gifted and so selfless, but not one person will think to how I came to be this way. Everyone just wants whatever helps them remain the same and prepares for death from the moment they reach high school, and I am losing my faith because of it.

I am losing my faith in humanity. It makes it harder to be the way I am without a single drop of success in someone I teach. I find it is harder to wake up with under 6 hours of sleep like I used to so I have more time in the day, it is so much more strenuous to stick to the tasks I set ahead of myself because I wonder what's the point, and I find myself constantly thinking of those that I failed to instill change within around me-- plotting how I can help despite my commitment to no longer waste time with them.

I keep thinking more and more that I am the only one, but I want the internet to prove me wrong. I want to find groups of people who have a drive for existence; who have a purpose higher than one's self. There are three qualities I never truly find in the same person other than myself, and trust me: I have nearly read through 1000 people on my travels. They are Logic, Open-Mindedness, and Drive.

Now this is the important part and I urge this with fervor: PLEASE DO NOT REPLY UNLESS YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO ME. Pride is a fool's trait and too many try to impart their speakeasy knowledge in lieu of the idea that the one to whom they speak may be more intelligent, and I always see people of no purpose trying to impress themselves as a mentor of how to live in hypocrisy.

This means that you should only reply if you either believe you are the same as I: you try to constantly read and push yourself for the sake of learning your existence, you find everyone around you missing out on something, or you have a drive to live with logic and open-mindedness guiding it,

or if you believe you are less than me in some way that removes your pride.

I know I think I am less than everyone. Like, I used to be happy that I was smart, but it's bullshit how much easier life is to be comfortable. The main doctrine of how I teach myself is to never have or allow comfort. The term comfortable is nothing but the definition of being in a state you wish not to change and I always want to keep changing... but damn is it harder without any outside influence of hope or attaboy's

:rofl:

if you want somthing to agonize and torture yourself over.........take up golf....

"The term comfortable is nothing but the definition of being in a state you wish not to change and I always want to keep changing... but damn is it harder without any outside influence of hope or attaboy's"

would the attaboy's make you feel comfortable?

if you stop pondering and start doing things that make you happy you don't need attaboy's. the only time i need reassureance is when im not sure of what im doing or if it's right or wrong. i feel like that because I DON'T BELEIVE IN IT. get your *** in gear and do the mundane things before your looking back through the tunnel of time wishing you had done more and thought less..........

p.s. the answers are made up anyway. if you figure them out, or someone gives them to you, you will only be taking from them what you want, and that is no answer at all.

Puffin Afatty said:

Finally Puffin is back, what say you Puffin, is priestofknowledge in fact papabeach or a martian???? I have been sitting on pins and needles for 2 days awaiting your decision.

It all boils down to treat others the way you want to be treated. You know, the golden rule and all that good stuff. ;)

:ignore: Ive been married 22 yrs. She is my best friend 1st,,then my wife. Divorce has never been an option in our marriage. We work through our differences, remembering we are still two different people. Poor women, has surely been dealt a rough road dealing with me.:hubba:

Priest, you are not alone. Go to Berkley California. You will find ALOT of misguided,young intelligent folks.

But really man, commen sense goes alot further then any indepth knowledge of any subject. You seem to tout your knowledge in the scientific field.

What about this.

What does it take to run a 4000w MJ growing operation? What is the best way to wire and ventilate? What is the best method of plant propagation?

See man, you don't know all, and statinting that you help all you come across with thier problems is a falsehood.

You need to get laid man.

Hey guys, I returned again because I am stuck at work after class without things to do.

It appears that fadeux and king bud understood my original intentions and answered a few things. And I will message them to see what drive runs their lives.

But look at how these people saw I was not being arrogant or looking for ANY REPLIES WHATSOEVER from those that insisted to reply. I asked to please not reply unless you understood being equal to or less than one another, and instead I got several people who had to defend their insecurities from what they saw.

So it turns out that I wasn't asking a bunch of dumb stoners, because I never said that. I was simply looking for higher thinking smokers like myself. And, since I travel a lot, maybe we can blaze together. The only reason my posts became the least bit animous is because I had to disprove your wild statements and hallmark card solutions to a genuine problem.

As for the philosophy recommendations of dead people, I know I know more about the universe than those dead people. So many advances in physics have allowed me to have an even higher sense of reality than einstein. Thus is why I dislike the idea of someone being born now who will have a higher understanding than myself due to humanities progression.

So, that means that I knew I wasn't god and I knew I wasn't going to figure life out. But I am not someone who will just sit back and get high because of it. When I die I want to know I tried my best, but because I know I'm gonna die I might as well meet some people who are facing the same **** in higher thinking that I am.

Unfortunately, I believe that means you have to be a scientist in some slight way. Like, you have to at least know the basic fabric of the universe that we know to the extent of heisenberg's uncertainty principle. Maybe I can explain the synopsis of it all to someone who wants to know, but it is an awe-inspiring thing to understand one's mechanics of reality.

And I do not need to get laid. I just got out of a good amount of laying and enjoy bachelorhood

i think i may be able to provide you with a little insight.... I am a "well educated" man who learned alot of lifes lessons the hard way....i use to be taken advantage of by so called friends and i think i understand where you are comming from...feel free to PM me...as the saying goes, "iron sharpens iron".....i find this to be true.

and norcal is right...without common sense, how can you even begin to make those "book smarts" work for you...i'll bet you have racing thoughts alot...i used to.. you may grow out of it...it's alot less intense than it used to be ..check your thoughts from time to time..you don't want to end up like tom cruise do you ???

dude, it's called scientific logic. I do not have racing thought... I learn what I think about. If something hits my mind, instead of theorizing it on my arm chair I pick up a book, google, or wikipedia.

And I am not going insane... I simply find very little spunk in my step from recent disappointments. One being the forum trolls on this site. Maybe the idea of me having things figured out should pass by your head before you make suggestions. I always try to deduce the amount of intellect in those before posting something that they already know. PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING you guys posted, I already knew and was annoyed by. I was not looking for advice, simply people. And then advice maybe if those people are older intellectuals.

And grrr... to say I'll grow out of this means you have no comprehension at all about what I am saying. I don't need "friends," I have too many acquaintances that you guys would call friends always wanting to hang out with me. It is very difficult to come by logic, open-mindedness, and drive in one person. It's always either a driven businessman, a logical scientist, an open-minded degenerate. Or a two thing combo where the person is smart and open minded, but sits around without using his talent or something. Having all three makes you almost on a higher power level than people. It's like you spend all your free time being disappointed.

As for the philosophy recommendations of dead people, I know I know more about the universe than those dead people. So many advances in physics have allowed me to have an even higher sense of reality than einstein.
Physics is an explanation of how it works...not the answer to the "why" it is the way it is. That is were philosophy is so very important. There is always a certain degree of life that requires faith without proof. Becuase the proof is not attainable. many of the the things we depend on are still based on theory, physics just help us use it. digital tech is still theory based. yet we use it every day.
even if aithiest or not you have to have faith in atheism or christianity or anything...becuase when it comes to that it's one thing man cannot prove or disprove. It is faith based. There is no proof either way. This applies to a lot no just religeoun or world view. but a lot of things in human interaction and what is going on.
Think dead people for there time were profound and you are reaping the information they had the clear insight for a time when it was groundbreaking (or burned at the stake for heresy).
Without those dead people you would not have the information at your reach now.
The advances in physics would not be were it is now if it wasn't for einstein and others. to compare two intellegences is very close minded IMO.
Each person knows something another person doesn't and vice versa. this does develop equality.
You never know what things look like through others eyes.
I have let life set the tone of my reality. and in the end...I prolly will never figure out why i'm here or what purpose i serve. but i do give you major props for using your mind and saying you just want to do the best you can in this life.
Myself...i got a whole different view of life the universe and everything.
So long and thanks for all the fish :cool:

No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master. -HST

priestofknowledge said:
dude, it's called scientific logic. I do not have racing thought... I learn what I think about. If something hits my mind, instead of theorizing it on my arm chair I pick up a book, google, or wikipedia.

And I am not going insane... I simply find very little spunk in my step from recent disappointments. One being the forum trolls on this site. Maybe the idea of me having things figured out should pass by your head before you make suggestions. I always try to deduce the amount of intellect in those before posting something that they already know. PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING you guys posted, I already knew and was annoyed by. I was not looking for advice, simply people. And then advice maybe if those people are older intellectuals.

And grrr... to say I'll grow out of this means you have no comprehension at all about what I am saying. I don't need "friends," I have too many acquaintances that you guys would call friends always wanting to hang out with me. It is very difficult to come by logic, open-mindedness, and drive in one person. It's always either a driven businessman, a logical scientist, an open-minded degenerate. Or a two thing combo where the person is smart and open minded, but sits around without using his talent or something. Having all three makes you almost on a higher power level than people. It's like you spend all your free time being disappointed.
dude, trust me...in a few years almost everything you think you have an understanding of now will be seen in a different light...did'nt mean to offend ,but i use to ponder the same things all the time and it can (not WILL)warp reality.

dude, trust me...in a few years almost everything you think you have an understanding of now will be seen in a different light...did'nt mean to offend ,but i use to ponder the same things all the time and it can (not WILL)warp reality.
:yeahthat::goodposting:
Tragedy, loss, and other profound unexpected life events have a habit of doing that. ;)
Then you get to an age when learn of the true meaning of regret...humbling. :p
but things like that make life sweeter and look at humanity and the world universe as whole with a different set of eyes. :cool:

priestofknowledge said:

Seriously, you need to go to Berkely. Spend some time there. You will find folks that are VERY informed and groups that are into Quantum Physics and the soul.

You are the new generation man. It goes back to commen sense. If one is so inclined to learn more about what they are immediately thinking, there is the internet, with google and wikepedia to "inform" folks on any subject.

You say you are looking for like minded folks as your self to share thought.
This person has 3 qualities, as yourself.

Logic, open-mindedness, and drive.

You really need to go to Berkeley

I see your Logic, and your open mindedness, but what is your drive here?
To find like minded folks? Or are you trying to assert that because you read about Quantum Physics and think you have an understanding as to what drives the Human "soul", you need to help folks? I would like to hear an example of how you helped folks become "aware".

Now, don't get all butthurt, as I am not tryin' to slam u at all. Believe me, I understand and have met and known folks just like you man. Great Thinkers. You really need to go to Berkeley.

Latest posts

Back